You are not logged in.

#1 01-05-14 22:01:58

HelenG
Verified Member

full diary finally

Good evening everyone.
I am happy to say that I am finally up and running, and full.

People did say that it takes a few years to become fully independent, well it's taken 5 to be exact.  With a little break due to ill health inbetween.
I'm aware that this is an ever changing climate and things may be different tomorrow, but for now I'm quite proud of myself.
My business is all my own work, built on recommendations.

big_smile

01-05-14 22:01:58

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: full diary finally

#2 01-05-14 22:05:09

VandADI
Administrator

That is quite an achievement HelenG, most people give up when the going gets tough, but it's the recommendations that builds the business up and yes, it does take time.
Well done  smile

#3 01-05-14 22:32:25

Lady-Hynarc
Verified Member

Congratulations HelenG

Interestingly I've been going for 4 years 8 months and also have now achieved a full diary. I have 45.5 hours instruction scheduled for this week.  smile

Can I ask though - how do you define a full diary?  I still have the odd space but they make a kind of redundancy so that I can juggle lessons if I need to and also use them for running the business.  I wouldn't want to fill them as well because it would be like a strait-jacket.  smile

#4 02-05-14 06:25:06

martin_t
Verified Member

45.5 hours of lessons?! That'll probably translate into a good 55 to 60 hours after adding on travelling time, lesson planning, admin, CPD etc. etc.

I thought we'd passed the slavery mindset.

#5 02-05-14 06:38:31

AUTAX
Verified Member

Considering you barely had any pupils a couple of months ago L-H then that is definitely a huge achievement, well done.

Glad you have finally got a reasonably full, viable diary Helen. Long may it last.

Martin, the job is what you make of it. Some people are workaholics. Nothing wrong with that. I've worked those sort of hours and when the holiday times come around then the little extra luxuries are affordable. Other of life's luxuries are no longer unattainable. Some may be able to survive on 30 hours tuition; personally I can exist on around 20 hours but then I am semi retired.

Be Fear-less, go GEAR-LESS!

#6 02-05-14 08:41:55

HelenG
Verified Member

Thanks everyone, it has been hard work, and I have felt like giving up on more than one occasion.
I suppose everyones idea of a full diary is different.
For me it means I have enough hours to keep me and my pupils happy.

#7 03-05-14 23:29:52

Rob_BWFC
Verified Member
Website

I actually quit the job during a really busy period, which seemed like a strange thing to do at the time. But I applied for the job I got at a time when I was really quiet and was worrying how to pay the bills so I took it.

Too many peaks and troughs as an ADI, so I got out. Was really satisfying to dump all my pupils though and mess them about rather than it being the other way around!  big_smile

I'm done...outta here!

#8 06-05-14 05:47:54

AUTAX
Verified Member

Are you going to let your licence/certificate lapse once you qualify?

Last edited by AUTAX (06-05-14 05:48:13)

#9 06-05-14 15:33:08

Rob_BWFC
Verified Member
Website

Nah, I'll keep hold of it. No sense in going through the qualifying process again if I ever need to go back.

I'm probably due a standards test (or whatever they call it now) soon as well as my last one was in 2011. Don't know I'll juggle that one. Do they still let you do role play?

I'm done...outta here!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#10 06-05-14 15:34:48

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi

Rob_BWFC wrote:

Do they still let you do role play?

NO

#11 06-05-14 15:41:49

Rob_BWFC
Verified Member
Website

Ok thanks. Will cross that bridge when I get the letter then. Maybe just ask an ADI if I can borrow a car/pupil.

Got more pressing things to think about at the moment though, like remembering the 15 reasons I can pass a signal at danger.  lol

I'm done...outta here!

#12 06-05-14 21:03:14

AUTAX
Verified Member

Yes they are allowing role play until October this year. Get one in quick Rob!!!

#13 07-05-14 05:26:11

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi
I have been informed that if you ask for a Role play between now and Oct they will then reschedule your standards chack

#14 07-05-14 07:45:32

AUTAX
Verified Member

Oh, reschedule after October? Well, it wouldn't surprise me. Give you something with one hand and take it away with another!   neutral

Board footer