You are not logged in.

#1 01-05-14 17:27:34

sofasurfer
Verified Member

Registration as ADI renewal

I received a letter from the DSA telling me that my registration as an ADI expires in 6 months and advising me that the quickest way to get a criminal record disclosure certificate (CRB check) is to do it online.

The online process required me to register with the DSA’s contractor, then login to the contractor’s website, then fill in an online form (full of misleading error messages), then print it off and take it to the post office ! That is not online, it's just printing a form !

The online form that I had to complete is very badly designed. Unfortunately I specified the wrong date for the issue of my birth certificate (I think I typed the registration year incorrectly) but I cannot amend the details on the form as they have been ‘verified’; whatever that means.

So, do I take my printout to the post office and ignore the error or do I have to start the online process again ? Incidentally I have to pay the Post Office to check my documents.

I supply this information every 4 years and my identity has not changed since my last CRB check. Why don’t they use the information that they already hold for my driving licence/passport etc ? Probably because the CRB contractor doesn’t have access to the data.

I think I might ignore the entire 'online' process and just ask for a form to complete and send it in the post.

01-05-14 17:27:34

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Registration as ADI renewal

#2 01-05-14 17:39:08

sofasurfer
Verified Member

. . . and not all Post Offices are participating in this scheme, the list of those that are in the scheme is 7 pages long and in random order so you have to scroll through the list to find the nearest ! So incompetent, I need a glass of wine to calm down :-)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 01-05-14 21:59:07

johnp
Verified Member

And it costs quite a bit. I think £7-50

Driving is books-
1. "safe and responsible INDEPENDENCE."
2. "DISABILITY into ABILITY" 
3. "PSYCHOLOGY than SYSTEMS.
www.drivingincludesu.co.uk

#4 02-05-14 09:54:04

Daveyboy
Verified Member

I recently completed the CRB process (yet again).

Cost at the PO £6.00

Round trip to the nearest participating PO 64 miles. When I got there a notice on the front door stated the PO closed on 13th Feb 2014. After searching round and asking a taxi driver I found the new PO tooked away in WHSmiths. The staff member had never seen this before so took an age to complete.

In this digital age the whole process seems totally unneccesary.

I have since received a letter from the Registrar say I'm OK to continue on the register, but nothing from TMG.

Board footer