You are not logged in.

#1 29-04-14 07:06:53

gabby_adi

Learner does not have theory test pass number - can I still book test?

I have a learner who passed her driving test 8 years ago in an automatic...she has been taking manual lessons with me and now wants me to book her test for her...she does not have her theory test certifcate because she passed 8 years ago...can her test still be booked by just using her driving licence number?

29-04-14 07:06:53

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Learner does not have theory test pass number - can I still book test?

#2 29-04-14 07:10:05

Roadmaster
Verified Member

You don't need the theory test details to book a test  now.

Last edited by Roadmaster (29-04-14 07:14:15)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 29-04-14 07:31:34

VandADI
Administrator

Roadmaster is correct, theory certificate is no longer required, it's just the driver number you need.
https://driverpracticaltest.direct.gov. … ution=e1s2

You can always find out her theory certificate number, all you need is the driver number.
https://www.gov.uk/find-lost-theory-tes … ate-number

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 01-05-14 08:26:07

gabby_adi

I clicked on the links below I enter the driver number then it asks for the for "More information required - Car test"  and wants the "Theory test pass number" - which this pupil does not have because he passed in an automatic 5 years ago, he wants the test booking asap - what can i do?

VandADI wrote:

Roadmaster is correct, theory certificate is no longer required, it's just the driver number you need.
https://driverpracticaltest.direct.gov. … ution=e1s2

You can always find out her theory certificate number, all you need is the driver number.
https://www.gov.uk/find-lost-theory-tes … ate-number

#5 01-05-14 08:52:31

Lewinpeter1
Verified Member
Website

Hi
Tell the pupil to ring them.
The dvsa system can be very inflexible!
Peter

Dont press that,oh @@##!

#6 01-05-14 08:53:43

VandADI
Administrator

Click on the 2nd link and enter the driver licence number,first name, surname, DOB and it will tell you what the theory certificate number is.
If you are still having problems, get your pupil to ring the DVSA up and book it over the phone, or you could book it on their behalf.
DVSA booking support Telephone: 0300 200 11 22

#7 01-05-14 09:54:33

johnp
Verified Member

You don't need a Theory Certificate for upgrade but you do need to phone the bookings dept.
They already have a Cat B licence.

The computer cannot cope with anything so complicated.

Last edited by johnp (01-05-14 09:56:33)

Driving is books-
1. "safe and responsible INDEPENDENCE."
2. "DISABILITY into ABILITY" 
3. "PSYCHOLOGY than SYSTEMS.
www.drivingincludesu.co.uk

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 01-05-14 10:35:42

(ROG)
Verified Member

gabby_adi wrote:

I have a learner who passed her driving test 8 years ago in an automatic...she has been taking manual lessons with me and now wants me to book her test for her...she does not have her theory test certifcate because she passed 8 years ago...can her test still be booked by just using her driving licence number?

I am surprised that the driver did not do B+E manual .....

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

#9 06-05-14 06:36:44

AUTAX
Verified Member

Was it the gov.uk website you used or an "agent's" site?

Be Fear-less, go GEAR-LESS!

Board footer