You are not logged in.

#1 29-11-13 12:29:37

Carlos S

D1 category

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the forum and do apologise if I'm posting in the wrong place, anyway need some help from the people in the know please.
My D1 entitlement (for Hire and reward) finished in 2009 I was sent a medical form at the time to renew it, which I didn't do because wasn't driving minibuses professionally anymore, (Stupid I know)
A couple of weeks ago received a renewal form to renew my photo license, send it and when received new license back is not showing D1 cat at all.
I have the opportunity to start driving minibuses again professionally and would appreciate any help you can give me, surelly don't need to do the test again? I know I have to go trough
cpc course but not starting it till I'm sure I do not need to retake the D1 test.
Any advice will be greatlly apreciated and Thanks in advance,
Thank you all

29-11-13 12:29:37

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: D1 category

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 29-11-13 18:36:35

chevronjohn
Verified Member

Firstly if you have a medical now it should not be a problem to have your D1 (hire or reward) reinstated.

There is a box on the licence application form asking if you wish to keep C1/D1 entitlements - obviously you didn't tick this and they have removed it - they don't automatically renew these now I'm lead to believe.

John

DSA ADI ,DSA LGV Instructor, PCV Instructor, IAM, always willing to learn  smile
www.chevrontraining.co.uk
DSA Customer Test site

#3 30-11-13 09:12:06

(ROG)
Verified Member

Just do the D4 medical and you get it back - no retest required

You already know about the dcpc should you wish to drive it commercially

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 30-11-13 11:15:48

trunkmonkey

(ROG) wrote:

I'll ask because I don't know the answer.

Will the commencement date on the back of the licence be the date of the new licence or the date the test was passed?

Could that have a bearing on whether the CPC is Initial or Periodic?

The former would be better as with the latter he can't drive commercially until he has completed 35hrs.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 30-11-13 12:09:41

(ROG)
Verified Member

trunkmonkey wrote:
(ROG) wrote:

I'll ask because I don't know the answer.

Will the commencement date on the back of the licence be the date of the new licence or the date the test was passed?

Could that have a bearing on whether the CPC is Initial or Periodic?

The former would be better as with the latter he can't drive commercially until he has completed 35hrs.

Test date = should be

If for some reason its not then any check on the system would show it and that would be the criteria for dcpc

If it worked the other way then many would simply let it slide for a month and then do a D4

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

#6 30-11-13 12:56:34

trunkmonkey

Thanks.

Board footer