You are not logged in.

#1 19-09-13 19:52:06

MAZ
Verified Member

IOS 7

What have they done to my wonderful iPad?
Where Toys R Us involved in the design?

My search page has a disco behind it and I can't read the text!

A bit miffed.
Maz.

19-09-13 19:52:06

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: IOS 7

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 23-09-13 00:18:17

smithwold
Verified Member
Website

Had an absolute mare with my iPhone. First time ever had any issues upgrading software.
First of all had to upgrade (bl00dy) iTunes. Software removed my current installation and my back-ups with it!
Then (bl00dy) iTunes crashed half way through installing iOS7 and had to reset my phone to factory defaults and reload from the very new backup it had just made prior to installing the new iOS.

In future all my software upgrades will be done directly on the phone and I'll give (bl00dy) iTunes a miss.  2 days later and I think I have all my apps back, at least the important ones, but no music, podcasts or music!

In case you've got this far and not worked it out...
...I hate (bl00dy) iTunes!

I'm certain that now Steve Jobs has passed on things will not have the same quality.

Last edited by smithwold (23-09-13 00:23:52)

#3 23-09-13 08:09:13

lucy
Verified Member
Website

I can't do the upgrade as haven't got enough storage on either iPhone or iPad, think I need to take my music off but as I listen to it when running I want to have some music on there.

#4 23-09-13 12:47:42

chevronjohn
Verified Member

Will the IPad allow you to keep dismissing the info screen for IOS7 and carry on with the older system without any dramas?

DSA ADI ,DSA LGV Instructor, PCV Instructor, IAM, always willing to learn  smile
www.chevrontraining.co.uk
DSA Customer Test site

#5 23-09-13 12:48:26

AUTAX
Verified Member

I'm quite happy with Android. Quietly syncing my diary when I make changes on my phone, Tablet or PC.

Be Fear-less, go GEAR-LESS!

#6 23-09-13 15:10:21

sofasurfer
Verified Member

No problems with MS Windows, Bill Gates is my hero :-)

#7 23-09-13 16:02:30

Coasting Mart
Verified Member

No probs with iTunes or upgrading to iOS7 here!  Generally, I've not had any problems with Apple stuff.  A couple of minor niggles here and there but it does mostly 'just work'.  I think sometimes it's worth waiting for the next update rather than joining the rush - any glitches get sorted.

@ lucy - just have a little bit less music and it will fit!  Definitely not an either or situation!  cool

"I swear I found the key to the universe in the engine of an old parked car"

#8 23-09-13 17:03:47

kaf
Verified Member
Website

No problem with ios7 here, seamless upgrade and some nice new features

#9 23-09-13 21:28:37

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

I've gone from Blackberry Bold to Android on a Samsung Note.
I like the note's large screen and the s-pen stylus but I really miss the BlackBerry's solid keys and simple, reliable push-mail & messaging - other brand smart phones are truly wonderful things but to me they seem to be only mediocre communication devices for business use.

I consider an iPhone now & then because of the quality build & (usually?) reliable software, but I don't like the fixed battery and I've read worrying stories about iTunes taking over PCs (anyone care to comment on that?).

Autax what syncing software do you use? I have over 600 names/addresses and 4,000 text messages, and I use Outlook on my PC as a backup, but I'm thinking of using cloud storage.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

Board footer