You are not logged in.

#1 12-08-13 13:23:55

Bluecheckshirt

Deleted

D

Last edited by Bluecheckshirt (12-08-13 17:58:19)

12-08-13 13:23:55

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Deleted

#2 12-08-13 14:20:39

brod
Banned

You say your first check test was an educational and this latest one is your second attempt?
If that is so then you still have another 2 attempts to pass your check test so chin up its not the end of the world just yet.
Your ordit trainer should have explained this to you smile

#3 12-08-13 14:48:09

Roadmaster
Verified Member

Sounds like you need a change of trainer, and don't think it has to be ordit registered.  There are some excellent independents around.  What area are you?

#4 12-08-13 15:56:41

Mentor
Verified Member

You can still do a role play check test at the moment which is an other option to consider.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 12-08-13 17:30:25

brod
Banned

Bluecheckshirt wrote:

I took 5 attempts to pass the part 3 so I am really against the idea of role play.  The times when I am with my trainer and I get it wrong it's because I pitch the lesson to the wrong level cos I know he is a trainer and not a pupil, so I have a hard time when the examiner is pretending to be a pupil. 

But then I am no good with a pupil either. 

No I have had two failed attempts after the educational so the next one is a definite end of world scenario.

In that case then, I would be questioning if I am really suited to this job hmm sorry for the negativity but I am just being honest with you something, maybe, your trainer should have been before allowing you to spend so much money.

Last edited by brod (12-08-13 17:31:02)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 12-08-13 17:55:50

Roadmaster
Verified Member

You don't read examiners, they read you! 
Two quotes you have made:

I think I am good at my job

But then I am no good with a pupil either

How can you be good and no good at the same time?

#7 12-08-13 18:17:19

brod
Banned

brod wrote:
Bluecheckshirt wrote:

I took 5 attempts to pass the part 3 so I am really against the idea of role play.  The times when I am with my trainer and I get it wrong it's because I pitch the lesson to the wrong level cos I know he is a trainer and not a pupil, so I have a hard time when the examiner is pretending to be a pupil. 

But then I am no good with a pupil either. 

No I have had two failed attempts after the educational so the next one is a definite end of world scenario.

There is no need to so uptight and childish. You have asked for comments, you have received comments, honest comments at that.
Look at your own comments :I pitch the lesson to the wrong level that could be the fault of your trainer, not you?
I know he is a trainer and not a pupil maybe his/her role play is not realistic enough.
But then I am no good with a pupil either need we say anything more hmm
Maybe you are being let down by your trainer?
Someone has asked you where you are based, you have failed to answer! do you really want advice?

#8 12-08-13 18:57:35

Roadmaster
Verified Member

If you joined this forum hoping for someone to put an arm round you and tell you all examiners are crap, you've picked the wrong place.

Being an ADI is a very tough job and you need balls to master it.  If you do badly on a checktest you will get criticised.  You can either go and throw yourself off a bridge, or toughen up and do something positive.

I asked what area you were because if we know that there might be someone on here who could help you.  You haven't posted a response, but go on to throw your toy out of the pram. 

A good trainer would help you prepare properly for a test and make sure you were fully aware of what is required by you.  They would also be honest with you and tell you if you weren't going to make it.
A bad trainer will just let you get on with it and take your cash.   

All the info we have is what you have posted.  We therefore have to make a judgement on that, and if you tell us you are rubbish we have to believe you.

You are on the last chance, so put the tisssues away and listen carefully  if you don't want to waste all the time & money you've put into it so far.

In my view you need to get another opinion, and urgently, from a good independent trainer.  Tell us your area and see if someone on here can give you a recommend.

Last edited by Roadmaster (12-08-13 19:00:24)

#9 12-08-13 19:03:15

Bluecheckshirt

Looking for a bridge now thanks.

#10 12-08-13 19:05:08

Evan
Administrator

Try buying the DIA's "Get that Grade 6" its a good easy to read book and it puts things into an easy to follow format.

There is a wealth of experience freely given by the ADI's on these boards, try not to personalise the constructive criticism and advice they give, at the moment you are disappointed with your check test result, that is not unusual.

Turn it around to what you would do with a pupil who was not driving to the standard required, would you patronise and compliment them or tell them exactly how it is and give them solutions to improve their performance?

Last edited by Evan (12-08-13 19:06:33)

#11 12-08-13 19:10:31

Bluecheckshirt

Thanks. 

I'm not looking to be patronised but I tend to think that if you are on a forum if you can't say something helpful don't say anything at all.  I think my trainer is good.  I might pursue other trainers as well.  I don't know what will make the difference for me.  I might need to ask more questions of the DSA. 

I don't want people holding my hand or being nice but a bit of human empathy and fellow feeling would be good.  Why come on a forum and make someone who feels bad feel worse?? 

If I were a pupil I would probably tell myself, give up, do something else.  But I will probably feel differently tomorrow.

#12 12-08-13 19:11:48

brod
Banned

Yes I am a complete stranger as you are to me. I am responding to what you have posted. Of course everyone on here will and can epathise with you but you need honesty not sympathy.
It would have been more beneficial for you to have got over your disapointment first before posting. It would have been more beneficial for you to have talked to your trainer first. Your trainer really should have been there for you during the debrief (he/she may have been present)
Maybe it would help your case if you told us how we coukd help? what questions would you like to ask? I will repeat an earlier question someone asked you, what area are you based?

#13 12-08-13 19:52:37

Mentor
Verified Member

Well the OP has deleted the original post which is a shame.  I guess the advice given was not what he was expecting. It's a tough old game  this driving instructor malarkey.

#14 12-08-13 22:12:52

AUTAX
Verified Member

And as far as I am aware, teaching ability is still not a requirement prior to starting the process of becoming an ADI.

3,500 two arms, two legs, clean licence & CRB check and you're in. What a shambles.

Be Fear-less, go GEAR-LESS!

#15 13-08-13 05:50:27

MGM
Verified Member

AUTAX wrote:

And as far as I am aware, teaching ability is still not a requirement prior to starting the process of becoming an ADI.

3,500 two arms, two legs, clean licence & CRB check and you're in. What a shambles.

There's no requirement for two arms and legs. That would be illegal discrimination. wink

#16 13-08-13 08:19:03

ratty

I'm curious what the '3,500' is which is required as well?

#17 13-08-13 11:08:03

brod
Banned

ratty wrote:

I think, though I may be mistaken, Autex is referring to 3,500 as being the cost of training as in 3,500 pounds hmm

just for your information Autex I don't think having 2 arms and 2 legs is a legal requirement to become an ADI, I know of one ADI who teaches automatics who has just one arm, and a very good ADI he is.

#18 13-08-13 11:54:55

brod
Banned

Blindspot, whilst i understand your attempt at humour i feel on this ocassion it was in poor taste.  sad

#19 13-08-13 15:01:13

MGM
Verified Member

brod wrote:

Blindspot, whilst i understand your attempt at humour i feel on this ocassion it was in poor taste.  sad

It was 'armless ...

#20 13-08-13 18:18:04

brod
Banned

MGM wrote:

It was 'armless ...

Nice one  lol lol

Blindspot wrote:

Now now MGM - don't prod the snake!    smile

BS

Prod away, this snake may be a little clumsy smile but doesn't bite, your perfectly safe wink

Last edited by brod (13-08-13 18:20:26)

#21 13-08-13 18:27:38

ratty

brod wrote:
ratty wrote:

I think, though I may be mistaken, Autex is referring to 3,500 as being the cost of training as in 3,500 pounds hmm

Well if that is correct, it is possible to train and qualify as an ADI without spending anywhere near that amount of money.

#22 15-08-13 18:09:41

Lady-Hynarc
Verified Member

I do wonder if the way that people express themselves on this forum is similar to the way they express themselves to pupils on lessons?  Sometimes a well-meant enquiry, even if not expressed perfectly, can be met with a less than sympathetic response.  Surely we, as professional instructors, should be able to identify the needs of the enquirer beyond what is actually said and respond in an appropriate way, exactly as we do with our pupils.  Bluecheckshirt needed support - did he get it 100%?

#23 15-08-13 18:36:07

Roadmaster
Verified Member

He didn't need support, he needed advice.  And he got honest advice.   It turns out he didn't want honest advice though, he just wanted sympathy for not being very good.

#24 15-08-13 19:00:08

Lady-Hynarc
Verified Member

Roadmaster wrote:

He didn't need support, he needed advice.  And he got honest advice.   It turns out he didn't want honest advice though, he just wanted sympathy for not being very good.

I think he needed both actually.  hmm

So if a pupil gets in the car having failed a couple of tests, what do we do?  Say "Well you obviously aren't going to pass so give up now!" or maybe try to identify the actual problem and help them through it, supporting them as we go?

As for his contradictions, so easy to do when you are stressed out about something.

I don't know if he'll make it as an instructor or not but I don't think we gave him as much support as we could have done.

#25 15-08-13 19:16:47

Roadmaster
Verified Member

Bluecheckshirt is not a pupil.  He is an ADI who by his own admission and performance could not do the job.

Brod identified a problem in message no.2.  The ordit trainer was clearly not doing the job.  Bluecheckshirt was asked where he was so that others on this forum may possibly have been able to help but he chose not to take up the offer.

Last edited by Roadmaster (15-08-13 20:15:03)

Board footer