You are not logged in.

#1 20-07-05 09:39:21

Crane
Verified Member
Website

Part 3 Test more difficult?

Hi all,
I have just received a letter from the DSA about the change in the part 3 Test.  They have added the possibility to instruct a qualified driver undertaking development training.
Would this be like teaching someone with xxxyears of experience to loose all his bad habits.  A bit like getting ready for part 2?
:?
I'm not sure to be worried or not.

I'm sure you can do it,too!

20-07-05 09:39:21

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Part 3 Test more difficult?

#2 20-07-05 09:56:27

mk14steve

I have received same letter. My question is, does anyone know what "scenarios" they will choose for that role? ie. will there be new "PST's" added or will they choose same PST's as the Phase 2 or will it be just "general driving" that we have to do fault identification/analysis and correction?

Anyone have anymore details perhaps?

I was planning early october for my second attempt at Part III so I will no doubt be getting that role - I am sure in the early days they will choose that role more than the traditional 2 roles to get experience with it; this could be a good thing .... their inexperience with the role on test might make them a little lenient perhaps. I will obviously have to buy a few lessons for this ... I just hope local schools are prepared for this role and know how/what to teach me!

ta
steve

#3 20-07-05 10:13:45

luchell

i havent got a letter yet. dsoes it come into effect now? if so how come the trainers did not know anything about it? i had heard rumours but im not sure.

#4 20-07-05 10:32:07

Sandwich

got letter also this morning, it come in to effect from 1 october for part 3 and the show and tell part will come into effect for part 2 10 august

#5 20-07-05 11:43:35

BassGirl
Verified Member

i got it aswell.
what a surprise the fees are going up too sad

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 20-07-05 11:45:15

mk14steve

Sandwich wrote:

got letter also this morning, it come in to effect from 1 october for part 3 and the show and tell part will come into effect for part 2 10 august

... also an "eco friendly driving" requirement for Part II coming into effect on October 1.

#7 20-07-05 11:58:46

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

I got the letter too,
The prices just keep going up also
The SE will be playing the possiblity of a "a qualified drivier undertaking driver development training" Would this refer to the Pass Plus that we would be allowed to teach once qualified?
Si

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

#8 20-07-05 14:00:18

luchell

oh i got mine after i read this thread. it wont effect my first attempt. sounds like the new bit will be interesting. (for part three that is) i think what theyre doing for part two is a good idea. itll make people aware more so of the show me tell me stuff for the l test.

#9 20-07-05 15:30:42

Wooly

Nothing new on the DSA website. It would be quite nice to know what the DSA are proposing with part 3. What are the scenarios? Has the SE just passed his test but never driven at night/in snow/on motorways or has he had a licence for 30 years and now wants to drive a transit/ferrari/limo instead of his usual Corsa?
Clocked the new fees??? How many private companies could get away with a price hike like that? Robbing bar stewards!

#10 20-07-05 21:19:45

Calex

After talking to the local SE he informed us that the changes to the part 3 will not take place until next year, not this year as stated in the letter sent out.

I'm going to see him on Friday and will try to find out more then.

Calex

#11 21-07-05 12:58:33

Mmm

Ive heard its to do with retraining drivers who have been banned? But the lack of precise information from the DSA is very disappointing, it seems that we have nothing more than conjecture and a very loosely worded letter so far.

#12 29-07-05 07:00:28

Kaj

I emailed the DSA to find out about the changes and got this reply;

Full details of the proposed changes and implementation dates are on the DSA website www.dsa.gov.uk under the ‘Instructor’ section, then ‘Instructor News’.  You will note that the section for ‘driver development training’ is being postponed until March 2006 with full details being released in December 2005.

The direct link to the doc is below.
http://www.dsa.gov.uk/Documents/Despatc … update.pdf

Hope this helps!
big_smile

#13 29-07-05 08:02:56

luchell

yep its march the part three changes will come into effect from., theres a letter in the bsm office for us.

#14 29-07-05 20:53:36

pk1

Wont you have to be ordit registered to train PDI's soon - so wont this be a pointless change?

#15 30-07-05 16:57:12

Rookie
Website

Had the letter, big news, also hear roundabouts to be a pst, confused as it said changes will happen on OCT 5 2005, so may not have had the proper training. More pressure to pass b4 that date i guess. urrrrrrrrrrggghhhhh   roll   roll

"Look at the whole picture before you judge". "Judge oneself before you judge the Judger"..... The Rookster.Nov 05

#16 30-07-05 16:59:02

Rookie
Website

ALSO does this mean all ADI's will have to sit a P3 test and training to see if they can cope with this new disq driver/drink driver? I know the HPT has cuased a few headaches for ADI to sit.

"Look at the whole picture before you judge". "Judge oneself before you judge the Judger"..... The Rookster.Nov 05

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#17 30-07-05 17:54:01

Calex

Rookie wrote:

Had the letter, big news, also hear roundabouts to be a pst, confused as it said changes will happen on OCT 5 2005, so may not have had the proper training. More pressure to pass b4 that date i guess. urrrrrrrrrrggghhhhh   roll   roll

After talking to the SE as far as he is aware at this stage there is no intention to change the subjects on the PST's as they stand at this time.

IMHO the introduction of a qualified drive on the phase 2 will allow them to have more variation on the role play and should not present any prepaired trainee with any additional problems, after all as driving instructors we don't just teach learners we also teach Pass Plus and other simular lessons to qualified drivers, so why not be trained and tested in these skills.

The DSA have always treated roundabouts as emerging, although you would not give a briefing about roundabouts on a phase 1 as the pupil would not normally be at that stage, it is something you may need to watch as a the SE approaches a roundabout on phase 2 just as you would with any emerge.

According to the letter i received the DSA are going to introduce the changes on Monday 6th March 2006.

Calex

Board footer