You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 06-04-13 12:13:56

MarkWxmADI
Website

Kudos to my old car

I have to give a big shout out today to my lil 17 yr old (1996) N reg fiesta 1.25lx car.

Not only did this lil beauty just get me through my part 2 test this week but it also passed its MOT yesterday without any issues or advisories.

It's a good, clean car in great condition for its age but you never know with an MOT do you!?

It's just given me such an awesome week & probably saved me a small fortune I feel the need to mention it on here!!!

Dont worry.... I'm not considering teaching in it when I qualify tho haha  wink

Mark

Part 1 - 19/12/12 - 1st time - 98/62
Part 2 - 03/04/13 - 1st time - 3 faults
Part 3 - 11/09/13 - 1st time - 4/4 PST 5
http://www.learningwithmark.co.uk/

06-04-13 12:13:56

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Kudos to my old car

#2 06-04-13 12:26:17

Madiggy
Verified Member

Respect  smile

I guess you have already acknowledged there is no way it was built on a Monday

CONFIDENTIAL CHECK TEST TRAINING
http://www.centraladitraining.co.uk/
Life & Executive Coaching
http://www.aicoachingsolutions.com

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#3 06-04-13 13:52:24

Terrier
Banned

MarkWxmPDI wrote:

I have to give a big shout out today to my lil 17 yr old (1996) N reg fiesta 1.25lx car.

Not only did this lil beauty just get me through my part 2 test this week but it also passed its MOT yesterday without any issues or advisories.

It's a good, clean car in great condition for its age but you never know with an MOT do you!?

It's just given me such an awesome week & probably saved me a small fortune I feel the need to mention it on here!!!

Dont worry.... I'm not considering teaching in it when I qualify tho haha  wink

Mark

I'm on my ninth Fiesta, in 20 odd years and every one of them has been superb, easy to drive, cheap to maintain, cheap to insure and totally reliable. Never had one let me down on a lesson or on longer journeys from Aberdeen to Lands End.

ADI Development Greater Manchester & Cheshire Grade 6 ORDIT Approved
Cardington Grade A  RoSPA Gold
DSA External Trainer Certificate for Instructor Training

#4 06-04-13 17:37:04

MarkWxmADI
Website

haha Madiggy I never even thought of that but now youve said that your gonna have to tell me why??!??

Terrier I agree Ive had a couple of them & theyve always been exactly how you say.  I really like the look inside & out of the Mk 6 (2002-2007) but I am not a fan of the new one (2007-present). I particularly dont like the dash/cabin. Do you have one, do you have any thoughts or opinions of it compared to previous models or other similar cars???

Thanks guys

Mark

#5 06-04-13 18:27:46

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

I'm not keen on the dash in the new Fiesta either.

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 06-04-13 19:06:29

Terrier
Banned

MarkWxmPDI wrote:

haha Madiggy I never even thought of that but now youve said that your gonna have to tell me why??!??

Terrier I agree Ive had a couple of them & theyve always been exactly how you say.  I really like the look inside & out of the Mk 6 (2002-2007) but I am not a fan of the new one (2007-present). I particularly dont like the dash/cabin. Do you have one, do you have any thoughts or opinions of it compared to previous models or other similar cars???

Thanks guys

Mark

Hi Mark Yes I'm on my 2nd one 1.4tdci the dash is a good layout easy to work with, speedo a bit hidden but I rarely look at it on a lesson, you can tell when its creeping over the speed limit easily enough. The car itself drives superbly, it handles really well and it would be difficult to get out of control at speed, it's more comfortable than the previous model with better seats. No problem doing manouevres in it for anyone.
Hope that helps.

#7 06-04-13 20:13:09

RobC
Verified Member
Website

I've driven a colleagues 60 reg Fiesta 1.4Tdci Titanium several times, Its has a good ride and is very economical but it doesnt have the power and comfort of my Mini. The Titanium is a high spec model but the passenger seat doesnt adjust for height in my colleagues car, I like the seat low down so personally I wouldnt buy one for that reason alone.

www.midasbustraining.webs.com
Midas Minibus Driver Assessor Trainer & Passenger Assistant Trainer
DVSA Fleet Registered Trainer

#8 06-04-13 22:37:04

Terrier
Banned

I've worked in a few mini's and find them very uncomfortable after a couple of hours, especially the cooper, feeling every bump in the road. I have a back problem and I couldn't put up with the mini full time, but nice looking car.

#9 06-04-13 22:53:23

RobC
Verified Member
Website

Terrier wrote:

I've worked in a few mini's and find them very uncomfortable after a couple of hours, especially the cooper, feeling every bump in the road. I have a back problem and I couldn't put up with the mini full time, but nice looking car.

Agree that the ride is firmer in the Mini but Im onto my 3rd Mini Cooper and have done over 100,000 miles in my Minis spending up to 12 hours a day in them and have never found them uncomfortable, In fact the Fiesta seats cannot compare with the comfort of the sports seats I have in my Mini and my latest car has heated full leather seats with adjustable lumbar support and they are just superb.

www.midasbustraining.webs.com
Midas Minibus Driver Assessor Trainer & Passenger Assistant Trainer
DVSA Fleet Registered Trainer

#10 21-04-13 13:56:23

MarkWxmADI
Website

Thank you Terrier & RobC for the valuable discussion and feedback on both cars. I guess its one of them wide open questions with no exact right or wrong answer just like food eh??

One mans MEAT is another mans POISON!!

The great thing about this forum is we can all throw in our experience & opinions to help others make their own minds up & final decisions. Im still only training and have found this forum to be INCREDIBLY helpful I really believe its more than helping me achieve my life long ambition of becoming an ADI. Its helping me feel knowledgable about the industry & welcome by everyone on here within it.

Thank you all & speak soon

Mark  big_smile

Board footer