You are not logged in.

#1 17-03-13 17:05:14

painkiller

I have a question I cant figure out, assistance please?

Hi, my name is pk need a little help.

I am about to start learning to drive a car but having a little trouble getting started. Originally I only intended on riding motorcycles and have my full licence but circumstances have changed and I now need a car, cant put a family on a motorcycle. However my problem and question is this:-
My motorcycle licence does not have a B rating on the rear side only an A and kp (whatever that is) but my green counterpart paperwork says under provisional entitlement A,B and F until the year of '55. Am I entitled to start to learn to drive or will I need to re-apply for my provisional licence card again for the B rating?
Thanks in advance, I just cant work out what I need to do.

17-03-13 17:05:14

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: I have a question I cant figure out, assistance please?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 17-03-13 17:18:20

kaf
Verified Member
Website

No you are fine if the counterpart shows B as provisional entitlement.

It is why your driving instructor will need to,see both the plastic and counterpart when you,start lessons.

Good luck.

#3 17-03-13 17:23:46

painkiller

Thanks, so although i dont have an actual provisional anymore as they take it after you finish motorcycle test and replace im guessing as they do a car, I should be ok to drive?

#4 17-03-13 17:59:25

Terrier
Banned

Yes, no problem your full bike licence serves as a provisional for group B until you pass the test, when you can exchange it for a full group B.

ADI Development Greater Manchester & Cheshire Grade 6 ORDIT Approved
Cardington Grade A  RoSPA Gold
DSA External Trainer Certificate for Instructor Training

Board footer