You are not logged in.

#1 03-03-13 23:38:41

Blueiain

Hello from Newcastle

Hello All and 1.

I'm Iain, from Newcastle, well I'm again thinking of splashing the cash and doing the Driving instructor course, the last time that I tried this, I was swamped from information from many sources, so I'm here to look, listen and learn, I have most if the reading material for part 1, but should I do this myself or find a decent training provide?, what cost should I expect for the full course, I've been quoted from £800-£3200, and time frame, I've also been told can do it in 5weeks (to quick) to 18 months, what I want is a instructor who will go at my pace and to keep my costs down, I want to do the course as PAYG over about 9-12 months, is this achievable, last I've held my licence 27 years, I hold car, PSV Class 1, HGV Class 1, SAFED, NVQ level 2 in bus operations.

Thanks for reading my rant, I look forward to your input, help and guidance

03-03-13 23:38:41

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Hello from Newcastle

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 04-03-13 07:05:05

Triplea35
Verified Member

Re: Hello from Newcastle

My view is do not touch a training 'package' with a barge pole!

Perfectly possible to pass Part 1 on your own:

Study materials, Driving - Essential Skills, The Driving Instructors Handbook, Highway Code and Know Your Traffic Signs. A disc Driving Test Success for practice tests and hazard perception.

Whilst doing Part One apply the knowledge/system gained from Essentials skills to your everyday driving. Subscribe to a good website  qBlaine Walsh to watch Part 2 ( and later Part 3) video's.

Find a good local pay as you go trainer to assess you driving in good time for Part 2 and a few hours may be all you need.

Have a friend who from Newcastle (upon Tyne) got inadequate training with a major player/package but then found a great local trainer on pay as you go. He is apparently an ex DTAM or similar (trained Part 3 examiners). His name is Dave Thackwray, will get his tel no for you if interested/get to that stage.

Use the vids, use a good trainer to reinforce the learning and if possible find a good buddy at a similar stage to practice Part 3.

Many do not get through all parts, and if you do only then the hard work starts trying to build a business and don't expect to earn a decent living from it!

Other than that - great job - enjoy!

Last edited by Triplea35 (04-03-13 07:27:54)

Board footer