You are not logged in.

#1 31-01-13 19:39:05

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Lease or hire purchase??

Hi guys!

Is leasing or getting hire purchase better? I'm not really seeing much difference. I think if they lease and hand the car back with scratches, dinks in alloys etc I might have to pay repairs, but hire purchase the guy seemed to suggest they don't take but notice as the car will just go to auction!! :-/ I'm so confused.

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4
2nd Check Test 09/01/2013 - Grade 4

31-01-13 19:39:05

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Lease or hire purchase??

#2 31-01-13 20:10:36

Evan
Administrator

Hi Cat I leased for 6 years then purchased I would never lease again, too expensive, but it does in some ways depend on how much mileage you do as well.  smile

#3 31-01-13 20:54:34

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Hi evan
The quotes I've been given do seem high, but I've spent soooooo much on repairs in the last 6 months :-/ the lease price they've given me works out cheaper than the hp price they gave me. I'm so confused :-?

#4 31-01-13 20:55:52

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Still got lots of dealers to visit though!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 31-01-13 23:07:44

christhedrummer
Verified Member
Website

Depends if you want a spanking brand new car or not...

You can get very low mileage 3-4 year old cars for a snip...

#6 31-01-13 23:15:01

Evan
Administrator

Hi Cat, it is dependent on what mileage you do, it didn't suit me to lease as I am doing over the 30k mileage excess penalty, so it does vary from one instructor to the next. Chris makes a very good point above.

I would certainly make the Dealerships work hard for your business, I know the local Suzuki garage is doing some good deals on Swifts which are nice little tuition cars and quite a few of the local indies have taken them up on the deal.

Take your time do your sums and look at your projections for the next 12 months, I am sure you have anyway. Above all push hard for a deal and especially the aftersales which to me is more important than anything.

Good luck  smile

Last edited by Evan (01-02-13 00:13:24)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 01-02-13 07:15:40

Cat8t3
Verified Member

I'm not pratically wanting a brand new car, but after spending 4k and that figure doesn't include loss of earnings, on a 4 year old SEAT Ibiza, I want something I am not responsible for!! If it breaks it's someone else problem.

I am doing under the 30k as I only work part time, around my children. I will try Suzuki too, thank you!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 03-02-13 17:23:28

graham121150
Verified Member
Website

Cat8t3 wrote:

I'm not pratically wanting a brand new car, but after spending 4k and that figure doesn't include loss of earnings, on a 4 year old SEAT Ibiza, I want something I am not responsible for!! If it breaks it's someone else problem.

I am doing under the 30k as I only work part time, around my children. I will try Suzuki too, thank you!

You are probably better of leasing, you can get two year old ones on special deals for 6 months but the best ones are for to years but that is a bigger commitment.

try http://www.cacars.co.uk/  part of acclaim driving school they sell them too

Graham

Last edited by graham121150 (03-02-13 17:26:10)

#9 03-02-13 17:56:15

VandADI
Administrator

In addition to ca cars, check out www.goinstruct.co.uk they also do cracking deals on leasing not-so-new cars  smile

Board footer