You are not logged in.

#1 31-01-13 19:17:52

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Yaris 1.4 diesel!

Ive decided I'm going to lease my next car.

Just been and had a look at the yaris, looks nice and they do a driving instructor package, on lease and some ppn thingy but he's emailing me anout that.

It has a reversing camera, this puts me off a bit as you can't turn it off, but the guy said I could cover the screen. Does anyone have one of these, and is it ok just to cover it up on test?

This is the 1st garage I've been too and I am intending to go to every manufacter, except SEAT lol. So have a lot to consider yet!

Thanks in advance

Cat

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4
2nd Check Test 09/01/2013 - Grade 4

31-01-13 19:17:52

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Yaris 1.4 diesel!

#2 02-02-13 08:32:56

Cat8t3
Verified Member

I'm guessing no one has one!!  hmm

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 02-02-13 09:12:25

Roadmaster
Verified Member

........on lease and some ppn thingy but he's emailing me anout that.

Cat, you really do need to do your research on how to finance a car.   Dealers make lots of commission from selling finance packages which aren't always best or cheapest for the customer.    As well as looking at all the different cars, make sure you understand exactly what all the different payment plans are available.   
You could be  better off buying on a low interest HP deal than leasing or one of the other deals where you have to give the car back at the end of the term.

#4 05-02-13 10:43:38

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Thanks! Doing lots of research today. :-)

#5 06-02-13 07:10:40

golfball13
Verified Member
Website

Also, on the subject of the reversing camera, I don't have one personally, but I know someone who has one on a Fiesta. As far as I'm aware, they're ok on test (he seemed confident), but it might be worth a quick check with an Examiner.

RPL Driving
Driving lessons in Chelmsford, Brentwood, Billericay and other areas of Essex

#6 06-02-13 09:09:34

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

I know of an instructor using new Yaris with reversing camera and no problems on test.

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#7 25-02-13 20:04:41

Colindaleadi

I had a 2008 model which I've just been cut out of. If it weren't for that I'd still have it, it went on and on and on. All I ever bought were tyres and brakes. I went to replace it but didn't like the new one at all and bought a fiesta.

Hope that helps

#8 25-02-13 20:17:59

Terrier
Banned

Blindspot wrote:

Cat.  Read the small print carefully on all the lease deals.  Pence per mile over the agreed limit, temporary replacement vehicle,servicing deal, what's included (tyres etc), the arrangement for changing at the end of term, what you have to pay for in terms of damaged alloys etc.
Go through it with a fine-toothed comb, every word.

Good advice cat, neglect this at your peril.

ADI Development Greater Manchester & Cheshire Grade 6 ORDIT Approved
Cardington Grade A  RoSPA Gold
DSA External Trainer Certificate for Instructor Training

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 25-02-13 23:26:33

MAZ
Verified Member

Colindaleadi wrote:

I had a 2008 model which I've just been cut out of. If it weren't for that I'd still have it, it went on and on and on. All I ever bought were tyres and brakes. I went to replace it but didn't like the new one at all and bought a fiesta.

Hope that helps

What happend to cause you to be cut out Colin?

Maz

#10 15-03-13 15:52:21

minidrivingschool
Website

I dont hink its such an issue to have a reversing camera!

Board footer