You are not logged in.

#1 30-01-13 15:16:49

mcculde
Verified Member

is an automatic licence classed as a full licence.

Hi Everyone
Been in the forum wilderness for a couple of years. New partner not to keen on me sitting at pc chewing the adi fat. I have been phoned by a potential pdi who has an automatic licence. She would like to go to manual licence then train to be an instructor. She has had an automatic licence for 10 years. Can she do this I did ask her and she said it was ok not sure if it is or not so throwing it out to you chaps to see what you think. regards Desciple3011

30-01-13 15:16:49

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: is an automatic licence classed as a full licence.

#2 30-01-13 15:56:15

driverpete
Verified Member

In answer to the title of your post, Yes an auto licence is a full licence with the restriction that she cannot drive a manual car. She just needs to take a normal manual test (and pass it!!) to convert to a manual licence.

RoSPA Gold
Retired RoSPA Approved Tutor
Retired NDAC & NDAS trainer
Retired ADI

#3 30-01-13 16:50:44

Terrier
Banned

Hi mcculde

If she takes a manual test she is entitled to teach in a manual car, if she prefers to stay on auto she can still train to be an adi but will be restricted to teaching in auto's only, she would be tested for part 2/3 in an auto.

ADI Development Greater Manchester & Cheshire Grade 6 ORDIT Approved
Cardington Grade A  RoSPA Gold
DSA External Trainer Certificate for Instructor Training

#4 07-02-13 22:36:12

ExAdiNigel

That's a fairly recent change isn't it?  I seem to remember the option to train to teach in an auto only was only available to those who were physically unable to drive a manual.

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 08-02-13 07:38:19

MGM
Verified Member

adiNigel wrote:

That's a fairly recent change isn't it?  I seem to remember the option to train to teach in an auto only was only available to those who were physically unable to drive a manual.

Wouldn't that be illegal now under the Equality Act, i.e discrimination because of the absence of a disability?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 08-02-13 11:22:27

Driver99

adiNigel wrote:

It still says manual in the ADI 14?
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s … adi_14.pdf

#7 08-02-13 12:47:07

reddragonbus
Verified Member

Best people to ask would be the DSA.  smile

I doubt they know either.  lol

LGV PCV Instructor DVSA ADI Fleet

#8 21-10-13 07:20:49

Tod66

Can I take a check test in auto
4/5 of my pupils are learning auto
Any ADI's who have done so?

#9 21-10-13 07:28:05

Evan
Administrator

If you teach in an auto that is perfectly acceptable for a check test.

#10 21-10-13 08:40:27

christhedrummer
Verified Member
Website

Check test in an auto makes things a lot easier for you - soooo much less to make a mistake with!!!

#11 21-10-13 09:45:10

AUTAX
Verified Member

I took my last but one CT in an auto.

After March next year I will only have autos on the drive.

Be Fear-less, go GEAR-LESS!

#12 21-10-13 14:24:30

Evan
Administrator

I think if I was teaching in both I would probably try where possible to alternate each check test.

#13 21-10-13 15:39:51

MAZ
Verified Member

Have taken last 3 C/T's in Autos no problem, they can still find plenty to mess up on!

Maz.

Board footer