You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#26 09-01-13 17:12:54

Natasha05

Re: Passed but want more lessons?

VandADI wrote:

I think there are some members on here that are a bit paranoid, poor Natasha, what must she think of so-called "professionals"?

Natasha - you have made the right move by wanting to improve your driving, you have received some very encouraging and informative replies on here, but it is up to you to seek out the good advice, and disregard the rest!

Good luck smile

aha, well at least it all seems to be sorted for now smile
thanks for the post, think i have taken in the good advice going to try put it into practice now (:

Triker wrote:

Natasha; If I am wrong I do apologise but if you stick around long enough you will find out for yourself why doubt sometimes creeps in. No offence meant and as I say I do apologise if I am wrong. There is no need to prove to anyone who you are smile

Vanda; Knowing what you know you cant blame me for being paranoid cool

No worries, apology accepted smile
I just don't want people thinking i'm fake or making things up because i do really do appreciate the replies and support of the people who have posted.

09-01-13 17:12:54

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#27 09-01-13 21:10:46

Natasha05

Wessex wrote:

Normality at last! well for a while.  sad

Good luck with the drive tomorrow.
I think you will be pleasantly surprised with your progress. smile

aha, and thank you smile
Do you think? I really hope so, right night Im feeling a bit nervous
We'll see smile Better dry my lucky socks might be needing them lol

Last edited by Natasha05 (09-01-13 21:11:24)

#28 10-01-13 13:25:50

Natasha05

Well today went very well i would say.

I do feel better, especially about driving to Huddersfield now. I did stall on a hill ): Got myself a bit worked up and agitated, however we did a few other hills and managed to successfully not stall big_smile When im on a hill because I'm still getting used to clutch (and the fact its a petrol when i learnt in a diesel and i found it much easier when i didn't need the gas for moving off) I apply the handbrake make sure im in first then get to my biting point and set the gas, then i'll take the handbrake off and hold it on the clutch. But because sometimes im not always quite to my bite i take my handbrake off slowly to 'test' it as i say and i was just too slow, so trying to get myself not to do that.

He has re-assured me that i can drive and can drive safely which i think sometimes i do forget i think. He said i need to do some more miles and thinks i'll feel much better then. I think thats right, i think the thing i need to tackle now is getting out there on my own. I think it'll be easier to get out on my own from next week because obviously I'll be driving to Huddersfield 4 days a week so that route i should become comfortable with, then once I've done that it may be easier for me to get out there by myself and just drive somewhere.

I think the next thing for me to tackle as i mentioned is some experience by myself so thats my next target.
By next weekend i want to feel better about going out by myself

I think then I'll do some motorway lessons, we did go on the motorway today as he was showing me different ways to get home but we stayed to the left and wasn't on it for long, and I'd like to know a bit more about overtaking entering/exiting and maybe try it out when the weather conditions aren't great and also try being on there for a bit longer. I think I'd also like to do some driving to areas i don't know maybe push me out of my comfort zone a bit. So yeah think i may organize a lesson again in 2 weeks and see which areas to work on (:

Im going to see how driving to uni works out next week (:

#29 10-01-13 16:05:25

Yorkshire Lass

Roadmaster wrote:
Yorkshire Lass wrote:

Dont bother with them any more triker just seems to wont to moan and knock anybody else. Thats why i imo you dont see more than 10 posters on this forum.

There's something fishy about  that  post.  It sounds very much like an ex forum member who runs a big school in Leeds, obviously had a sex change though.  lol

p.s.  sorry for going off topic.

Sorry but your wrong i have nothing to do with the firm your thinking about in fact the only thing that is the same is my husbands name. How about you drop me your phone number and i will vall you for a chat.
Debs

#30 10-01-13 16:25:59

VandADI
Administrator

Well done Natasha, once you feel more confident about your driving, you could even think about taking an advanced driving test to enhance your new found skills.  smile

#31 10-01-13 17:06:38

Natasha05

VandADI wrote:

Well done Natasha, once you feel more confident about your driving, you could even think about taking an advanced driving test to enhance your new found skills.  smile

Thank you smile
That does sound interesting and i do enjoy learning so it is definitely something i will think about, obviously after i have a bit more experience behind me but yeah i'll do some research (:

#32 10-01-13 17:33:38

Natasha05

Triker wrote:
Natasha05 wrote:
VandADI wrote:

Thank you smile
That does sound interesting and i do enjoy learning so it is definitely something i will think about, obviously after i have a bit more experience behind me but yeah i'll do some research (:

You never know you might become an instructor one day   wink

Lol you never know, I haven't got a specific career in mind yet so it may just be the one, we'll have to wait and see  smile
Would be quite a transformation, super nervous and under confident to driving instructor haha

#33 13-01-13 12:55:22

Natasha05

Wessex wrote:

Well done Natasha. Glad you enjoyed the drive overall.

Thank you (:

Just hoping it doesn't snow now, should be making my first journey to Huddersfield on my own tomorrow,
But if it's snowing and shows in's going to continue to snow not sure I want to be driving

#34 20-01-13 09:54:19

BB Driving School
Website

Definitely do some more lessons.  Try to do a pass plus course or a least do a motorway lesson.

Good luck!

#35 06-02-13 20:11:46

Natasha05

Been meaning to update on this but been having problems and so been waiting to sort them out, I'm sure i will explain.

So i didn't drive that Monday (this is about 3 weeks ago now) because it snowed quite a bit and there was no chance i was risking driving in it (and im quite glad i didn't now) Tuesdays are my day off so and the snow had cleared by evening so i decided to go to Asda. Its actually only 2 mins down the road, but i took a long trip there and went for a bit of a drive. Thought I'd try a bit of bay parking but didn't go well and was not at all straight and barley in the lines which was disappointing, i did try a few times but couldn't bring myself to do it anymore after realizing that the cars across from me were occupied (slightly embarrassing) So i went home and was quite upset, well very upset actually. Not entirely sure why i guess just everything. I didn't want to push myself to drive to Huddersfield in the morning, so got the bus instead. I left it for like a week, then we got all the snow but last week i did try again. I went for a drive, didn't try any bay parking and it was okay but i noticed a noise when using my breaks and something didn't seem right so i went home, again very upset and told my step dad (he sorts all the cars out)

Still not sure whats wrong with my car, he's got a lot of work on so he needs to get that done. But he got a Corsa (he deals with cars and that sort of thing) which needed a bit of work. He and my mum thought i would prefer it a lot more, it does have a relatively low biting point (which i love) whereas with my C2 its crazily high. He took me for a little drive, and the strangest thing happened, i finally smiled whilst driving! (not including my lessons, i did enjoy them lol) It felt so much better, i didn't worry about stalling at all and it drives in my opinion rather nicely and i quite enjoyed it. So rang my insurance today and sorted everything out, means more money, but its worth it if i feel comfortable. So yeah my journey will continue probably mid week next week once I've had my 'i-box' changed over. Going to try going out for an hour or 2 when I've got it, think my uncle is going to come with me for moral support. Although i would prefer my instructor to be there, everything seems fine when he's there so i think i need to try do it without him. Hopefully if all goes well tho, in a few weeks i can organize some proper motorway lessons with him. But for now I'm going to just wait till i get the car and go do some driving and see how things go. Being back on the bus to uni and back has actually motivated me, i don't mind bus journeys its just the unreliability (spent 4 hours on Tuesday either waiting for a bus or on a bus) and those few annoying people (like drunk men who fall asleep on you) so yeah if thats not a motivator to get back on to the road i don't know what is. So yeah delayed progress, but im hoping this car will make a difference and i'll get things sorted. I can only hope smile

#36 06-02-13 20:24:13

la.monikita
Verified Member

Very well done, keep it up.  Next year, take some snow driving lessons, it's good to know how to control the car on it.   wink

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#37 06-02-13 20:44:47

Natasha05

la.monikita wrote:

Very well done, keep it up.  Next year, take some snow driving lessons, it's good to know how to control the car on it.   wink

Thank you (:
And thats actually a really good idea, didn't feel up to this year, but it would be very beneficial. Will look at doing some as we get closer the end of the year, who knows when its going on snow next haha

#38 21-02-13 20:58:56

Natasha05

Its a slow slow process, not helped by the fact these few weeks are filled with presentations, assignments and tests (so i feel guilty going out driving, when i have so much work to do) But im not complaining, i don't mind

Just an update, I got the new car, the Corsa last Tuesday
I left it the whole week, the seats were soaking from it's valet, they must have just chucked water over it, it was that wet. but i had a lot of work to do anyways
And Sunday i actually went for a drive all by myself, it was a proud moment. Its the first time nobody else has been in the car with me
I did have a mistake, i was coming up to some red traffic lights so slowed down, they then changed just as i was behind the second car so i tried to move on my clutch only (thinking i was in a diesel) so stalled but got it back going within seconds (seams to get going faster than my C2 did) and then i got slightly scared i would roll back so my revs went up a bit high so i didn't roll back which i think would of been worse. Think i did scare the mini driver behind me, he pulled into the right lane after that (oopsie) I have got myself some more P plates tho, so hopefully he wouldn't of thought i was an idiot 

But as i say slow process, i aim to get up early Saturday or Sunday morning and take a drive to Huddersfield.
That still makes me nervous and im not 100% sure why, but we shall see.

Would once again like to say thank you to those who have commented and showed support smile its nice to hear from you all, and hope you all are well

#39 21-02-13 21:23:16

la.monikita
Verified Member

Doing GREAT Natasha, slow progress is better than none at all. You'll get to your destination nevertheless! wink

Abraham Maslow

#40 21-02-13 22:28:03

Natasha05

la.monikita wrote:

Doing GREAT Natasha, slow progress is better than none at all. You'll get to your destination nevertheless! wink

Thank you (:
Great to see your comments, Im actually excited to get back onto the road and go for my next drive now smile

#41 21-02-13 22:38:10

la.monikita
Verified Member

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

Lao Tzu

Go on, you're on your way!

Abraham Maslow

#42 21-02-13 23:09:01

Natasha05

I love the quotes big_smile
Think i shall take a note of them, thank you guys
I CAN do this, and i shall in good time, thanks for the support! smile

#43 04-03-13 20:06:09

Natasha05

okay, not sure if anybodys waiting on an update, but i shall update you never the less smile

So as of right now, things are better.....

I went for a drive 2 sundays ago now, and now this was terrible i felt so nervous and just generally hated it. I had my route in my head (it's the one i've done quite a few times, takes around 25 mins.) But before i even got out on the road properly it had started bad and i think thats what made me hate it i was so nervous from what had previously happened. But basically it was nothing bad, just my neighbors either side of me had parked pretty close so as i tried to get it out but even with reversing back as much as i felt i could and full lock i was pretty sure i was going to hit one. So i was about to leave my car half wonky weirdly parked, but i got my mum to come out and with her telling me how far i could go back i managed to get it out. Turns out i had a little more room than i thought but yeah it just didn't set my mood right, and it effected me the whole drive. I did however do a nice parallel park when i got back (not the same gap i had left tho hmm haha)

I got back out on tuesday and did the route again, was much much better, i was actually feeling 'oh is this it' when i was nearing home. But i left it at that because i had work i needed to do.

Then this Saturday i arranged for my uncle to come over and we did some dual carriage ways and just generally went for a drive, was supposed to be doing the roundabout near Birstall retail park (in Leeds? i think) but i decided i didn't want to, but we carried out and did some bay parking, its not my best so definitely lots of work to do. Im always wonky, even when im just driving thought into an open space

And then today which i believe is one of my biggest achievements, i finally did the dreaded drive to Huddersfield, was a bit scared i'd be setting off in rush hour/school traffic so i decided to go at about 5 to 9 and i got there in one piece feeling quite shocked with myself. After a long day of uni, and seeing it was getting dark i was slightly worried it may be a bit more challenging getting home, but it was alright.  Im still sat here in shock i actually did it, as it reached 8 this morning i was like should i shouldn't i on whether to just go for the bus, but i didn't and just did it. So relieved now, i know its not going to get instantly better, and (day off tomorrow) but im 100% i'll be feeling the nerves when i get up and go on Wednesday but we'll see how it goes.

Now thought out those drives i wasn't perfect, still lots for me to learn but i can't learn too much without being on the road and gaining experience, so doing that drive today is a big step for me and a continuous progress on my journey, all in the right direction too. Hoping it can only get better from here smile

So going to carry on driving to uni, get myself as much road experience doing that as i can. Then gradually start venturing out a little further. Thinking of contacting my instructor in the Easter break and maybe doing some motorway lessons, i have done a little on them but i'd love some more guided help and experience with them. So i guess we'll just see how things go.

Once again thanks to those who posted and have supported me, when i wrote the first post i was really really genuinely upset and to a point regretted even doing my lessons and passing because i though i hated it so much, it was difficult to carry out and believe that i could do it, but i have proven that i can, so thank you, would of been a lot harder without people helping and supporting along the way smile  i genuinely am very thankful to this forum and you kind members smile I may not comment anywhere else, but i do read a lot of the topics/threads some very interesting discussions, which also helps me learn (: Hope everyone is well

#44 04-03-13 20:10:50

VandADI
Administrator

Well done Natasha, glad to hear you are building on your confidence, and remember, we are always here if you need any help or advice  smile

#45 04-03-13 20:17:27

la.monikita
Verified Member

BIG Well DONE! Slowly, step by step forward is better then nothing at all, and now you have made far bigger steps.  They will get bigger and bigger, one day soon you'll think "what was I worried about!?"  wink

Abraham Maslow

#46 04-03-13 20:33:41

Natasha05

VandADI - Thank you big_smile and thats lovely to know will definitely keep that in mind. Still got lots to learn, its quite exciting thinking about it smile

la.monikita - Thank you very much (: and indeed i couldn't have hoped for better progress, at least it is all going relatively smoothly and in the right direction. and haha, that day will be a strange day, but well worth it I'm sure. Glad i have this thread/topic though, so i will always be able to look back and see just have far i have come as time progresses smile

#47 05-03-13 08:53:47

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

Well done Natasha!

When I passed my test in 1998 I hated driving, it wasn't until I re-trained in 2002 I started to enjoy it.

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#48 05-03-13 18:51:57

Natasha05

robcooling wrote:

Well done Natasha!

When I passed my test in 1998 I hated driving, it wasn't until I re-trained in 2002 I started to enjoy it.

Thank you (: I'm hoping I'll start enjoying it more and more too
With that said im feeling quite excited to see how the drive (to Huddersfield again) tomorrow will go, still nervous but with a hint of excitement too haha

Board footer