You are not logged in.

#1 06-01-13 16:51:10

Natasha05

Passed but want more lessons?

So i passed on the 21st December (6 minors, first time) and now (i know its going to sound strange) but i think i would of preferred to have another attempt at it, because then i would of had at least another 10 hours.

I just don't feel 100% confident when I'm driving, been out a few times in my own car and I'm finally over the initial getting used to, I don't really stall anymore and i thought that was my problem, i though i was so nervous about stalling, and although the fact i may stall makes me a tad anxious, i don't do it anymore and i still feel nervous and not confident about driving all together. The first time i went out i hated it, i had learnt in a diesel and getting my finding my biting point was proving difficult, so i organized a lesson with my instructor which went quite well.

Do you think i should have more lessons? Just after some advice really, hope this is the correct place to post it too.

06-01-13 16:51:10

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Passed but want more lessons?

#2 06-01-13 17:03:11

Natasha05

hmm, confused?

#3 06-01-13 17:03:17

Lewinpeter1
Verified Member
Website

Hi
Wish more people admitted to not feeling quite ready after they had passed.
Excellent idea to take more lesson,pass plus perhaps.
Well done on passing
Peter

Dont press that,oh @@##!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 06-01-13 17:50:55

Natasha05

Lewinpeter1 wrote:

Hi
Well done on passing
Peter

It's kind of strange because everyone i know seems to just pass then get out on the road, no problems
But as you said, i just don't feel ready
I'll probably text my instructor later on
Thanks for the reply smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 06-01-13 18:54:31

Iggy
Verified Member
Website

Natasha05 wrote:
Lewinpeter1 wrote:

Hi
Well done on passing
Peter

It's kind of strange because everyone i know seems to just pass then get out on the road, no problems

They get on the road with lots of problems, but can't admit to needing a bit of further training..

I think you're doing the right thing by looking for post-test training. The Pass-plus is a good start, or perhaps discuss the areas of concern with your Instructor and develop a plan to work on those skills.

Congratulations on passing your test..

DSA CBT1D - RPMT
RoSPA (Dip) Advanced Motorcycle Instructor
www.njrmotorcycletraining.com

#6 06-01-13 19:13:33

martin Williams
Verified Member

Ask your Instructor to take you out in your own car.

#7 06-01-13 19:15:23

Evan
Administrator

Natasha, the door of education on any subject is never shut, the only closed door is the one where someone does not realize they need or ignores the fact they need further education and experience. You have probably echoed the feelings of many new drivers well done for your honesty. Ev  smile

#8 06-01-13 19:49:14

Natasha05

Well thank you for the comments everyone, you're being very helpful thank you smile

Triker - Well I'm from Bradford, quite close to the Leeds area.

Reading through the comments, i think i definitely will get in touch with my instructor and see if he can help me out. I started my lessons mid August and obviously finished them at the end of December, i suppose its not a long time, maybe lessons spread over a couple more weeks/months would be a good idea.
Maybe pass plus or as you said Iggy, a more personalized plan.

#9 06-01-13 20:04:01

Evan
Administrator

Natasha05 wrote:

Well thank you for the comments everyone, you're being very helpful thank you smile

Reading through the comments, i think i definitely will get in touch with my instructor and see if he can help me out. I started my lessons mid August and obviously finished them at the end of December, i suppose its not a long time, maybe lessons spread over a couple more weeks/months would be a good idea.

This thread is a breath of fresh air thank God commonsense is still with us, thanks Natasha for restoring my faith  smile

#10 06-01-13 20:22:07

Natasha05

Evan wrote:
Natasha05 wrote:

This thread is a breath of fresh air thank God commonsense is still with us, thanks Natasha for restoring my faith  smile

It definitely is, i have been reading lots of treads on here some very interesting stuff (:
and I'm just very glad people like you are here to help out, i feel better to be honest, i thought i was some kind of failure for not feeling ready or confident
But from the comments its nice to know people think admitting this is a good thing, i just hope that in a couple of months i feel much better about driving

#11 06-01-13 20:34:17

Evan
Administrator

I think with your attitude you will, to be honest its quite natural to feel vulnerable, unsure and a little doubtful about yourself when you start driving on your own, I know I certainly did.

At least you are prepared to develop your skills and also work on any weaknesses you feel you have. That is the right path for any new driver.

Be sure to keep us posted on how things go, as its nice to see how people deal with these situations, tell us what you have done to improve your confidence, its useful for us as instructors to help our own pupils.

Good luck and enjoy your driving, it does get easier.  smile

Last edited by Evan (06-01-13 20:36:05)

#12 06-01-13 20:40:17

Natasha05

Evan wrote:

I think with your attitude you will, to be honest its quite natural to feel vulnerable, unsure and a little doubtful about yourself when you start driving on your own, I know I certainly did.

At least you are prepared to develop your skills and also work on any weaknesses you feel you have. That is the right path for any new driver.

Be sure to keep us posted on how things go as its nice to see how people deal with these situations and can help us as instructors to help our own pupils.

Good luck and enjoy your driving, it does get easier.  smile

Well thank you for your support, really nice to talk to supportive people
And yeah, just got my student loan in, no spending it this time so definitely gonna get myself some more lessons
And i will definitely will post updates, hopefully things will work out good smile

#13 06-01-13 20:50:08

la.monikita
Verified Member

Excellent post!  Do some hill work with engine braking, using steep hills, different towns, busy times, school runs (see some crazy mothers!).  Complex junctions. Get out of your comfort zone on those lessons.  Investing in yourself is the best investment you can make, it will pay you dividends throughout your life.  You only learn to drive once, do it well. GOOD LUCK! wink

Last edited by la.monikita (06-01-13 20:50:53)

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#14 06-01-13 21:37:32

Natasha05

la.monikita wrote:

Excellent post!  Do some hill work with engine braking, using steep hills, different towns, busy times, school runs (see some crazy mothers!).  Complex junctions. Get out of your comfort zone on those lessons.  Investing in yourself is the best investment you can make, it will pay you dividends throughout your life.  You only learn to drive once, do it well. GOOD LUCK! wink

Thank you, and thank you for the support smile

Definitely need some hill work, they do make more nervous that usual lol, taken it all on board, thanks for the suggestions
I'll try working on those, and with my instructor and hopefully I'll be well on my way to becoming a better and more confident driver.
Luckily my lessons were a present, so i saved myself money there which i can spend now (:

#15 07-01-13 06:56:59

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

It's a great idea, I run personalised after test mini courses for my pupils (which a few take up).

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#16 07-01-13 20:58:29

Natasha05

Rob - I think thats a great thing to do, don't think my instructor does anything like that. But he's gonna help me out so we'll hopefully create a mini course smile

Wessex - I wish we had graduated licenses, definitely think its a good idea.

-----------------------

Booked a 2 hour lesson on Thursday morning. Doing a test drive to Huddersfield (as thats where my uni is, and hopefully i will be doing this journey daily when i feel confident enough) It included a hill i don't really like and i suppose there shall be a fair bit of traffic (9.30) so hopefully this will give me some good practice and we'll see whats next after that lesson.

#17 08-01-13 10:11:42

(ROG)
Verified Member

I would choose a different instructor than the first just to get a different viewpoint

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

#18 08-01-13 17:41:00

Yorkshire Lass

Triker wrote:
Natasha05 wrote:
Lewinpeter1 wrote:

Hi
Well done on passing
Peter

Are you near Leeds by any chance?

I am Why do you need some lessons

#19 08-01-13 20:31:03

Natasha05

Wessex wrote:

Natasha, now that you have passed then there should be no pressure as you have got over that hurdle.
Now you can go out and enjoy your drive knowing full well that you are now one of 29 million other drivers that also make the odd mistake every day.  smile

In other words, you are not alone in that respect. Two things to remember:

1. Learn from the mistakes of others, you don't live long enough to make them all yourself
2. The person that has never made a mistake hasn't been born yet.

Let us know how you get on.  R E L A X

I suppose thats very true, i didn't really take time to think that other people make mistakes
I'll try keep those in mind, I'm definitely gonna try relax a bit more too

------------------

ROG - I don't really think I'd want another instructor though hmm Not saying it wouldn't be a good idea, but I'm happy with mine and to go back being with a complete stranger in my car i think would make me feel even worse

Yorkshire Lass - I think I'm going to stick with my instructor, at least for now (:

#20 09-01-13 12:55:28

Natasha05

Lol, im sorry i don't know what people are trying to imply here, but just for the record i can assure you I'm 100% real and genuine!
If you would like proof please don't let me stop you suggesting how (:

#21 09-01-13 15:02:33

Natasha05

I can assure you that I'am real, and the person i say I'am

My names is Natasha Lee Ram, Im from Bradford go to Huddersfield Univeristy and Im 18. Obviously anybody could just say that,
This is my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/NatashaLeeRam, if anybodys on there feel free to private message me and i will confirm we're the same person. I wouldn't go to that length to make a fake facebook profile so if you don't believe that the profile is real i really don't know what to suggest. Later however i will post a photo with my username, hopefully that shall work.

(I'm not sure if you'll be able to view this i hope you can, its from my Instagram account so not sure if you'd need to be logged in) But this is my pass certificate, http://web.stagram.com/p/351433520536493430_15763974
I haven't received my license back yet

If anyone would like anything else to confirm my identity then I'd be happy to prove that I'm real

#22 09-01-13 15:32:08

Yorkshire Lass

Dont bother with them any more triker just seems to wont to moan and knock anybody else. Thats why i imo you dont see more than 10 posters on this forum.

#23 09-01-13 16:25:03

Natasha05

Yorkshire Lass wrote:

Dont bother with them any more triker just seems to wont to moan and knock anybody else. Thats why i imo you dont see more than 10 posters on this forum.

hmmmm well,

I don't usually think i have to prove myself to anyone, but people on here have given me some good advice, and support which is very nice of them and I'm doing it more for them because i don't want people to think im just making stuff up and trying to waste their time because I'm not. My situation is real and so am i. And i do thank those who have helped and been supportive (:

I will keep posting here my progress, tomorrow as i said i have a 2 hour lesson. Hoping that this goes well doing my first drive to Huddersfield, i'll report more on that tomorrow when I'm back smile

#24 09-01-13 16:46:15

VandADI
Administrator

I think there are some members on here that are a bit paranoid, poor Natasha, what must she think of so-called "professionals"?

Natasha - you have made the right move by wanting to improve your driving, you have received some very encouraging and informative replies on here, but it is up to you to seek out the good advice, and disregard the rest!

Good luck smile

#25 09-01-13 16:58:36

Roadmaster
Verified Member

Yorkshire Lass wrote:

There's something fishy about  that  post.  It sounds very much like an ex forum member who runs a big school in Leeds, obviously had a sex change though.  lol

p.s.  sorry for going off topic.

Last edited by Roadmaster (09-01-13 16:59:16)

Board footer