You are not logged in.

#1 30-10-12 02:29:56

Moggy122

Driving Instructor Funding

Hey all,

Ok so im new to this site just registered im looking for information to see if i can get private funding in order to do the instructor course?
Im not in a position at this time to get the funding needed to move ahead with the career path i so badly want to do, I have been driving for 8 year's now
and im 27 year's of age, I hold all my licences A,B,C,D all with +E, My aim is to now start on completing the instructor course's for all of my categoires and hopefully
build a successful business involving teaching people to drive at a very high standard.
I currently have experince in cars, motorcycles and coache's ive been driving coache's for 5 year's now but it's not really a job for a 27 year old  hmm although i do enjoy it,
I do have a good mechanical mind, But there's something about being a driving instructor that's got me very motivated,

All input would be very much appreciate.

Many thanks.

30-10-12 02:29:56

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Driving Instructor Funding

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 30-10-12 08:35:24

kaf
Verified Member
Website

T o my knowledge there is now private funding for ADI training.

You have to fund it yourself.

#3 30-10-12 09:01:05

martin Williams
Verified Member

Apparently you can do an ORDIT Approved course for just 800 pass with a guaranteed job and brand new car lol

When i trained 4 years ago i had goverment a grant from React funding for 2500 pounds. You had to be over 25, been made redundant and live in Wales.  I don't know if they do something similar in England?

Last edited by martin Williams (30-10-12 09:02:13)

#4 30-10-12 09:18:36

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

When i left my previous job, i took voluntary redundancy and there was a job shop set up in the factory.
I had already decided to train as driving instructor, but as i hadnt took redundancy i hadnt got the money.
When i visited the job shop i was told i could get funding towards my training.
It was run through Connexions.
I was asked how much i was willing to contribute, and as i didnt know about it at the time i said i was expecting to pay full amount.
The woman put me down for 1/2 which through LDC was going to cost me 2,600

A few weeks later i received a phone call, and asked to go and see her at the job shop.
She said i couldnt get half but they were going to contribute 1,000 plus 1 of each tests and my green badge.
A few weeks later i got a cheque for 1,274 which at the time was the cost.

So if you don't ask you don't get. its worth finding out, and looking around.

#5 30-10-12 10:44:01

Terrier
Banned

No chance at present, all funding is being cut due to the state of the economy. If you find any let us know.

ADI Development Greater Manchester & Cheshire Grade 6 ORDIT Approved
Cardington Grade A  RoSPA Gold
DSA External Trainer Certificate for Instructor Training

#6 02-11-12 05:03:23

Moggy122

Hey all,
Thanks for the response im going to keep searching see what i can find if i have any results i'll be sure to let you know.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 26-02-13 21:39:24

ratty

Moggy122 wrote:

Hey all,

Ok so im new to this site just registered im looking for information to see if i can get private funding in order to do the instructor course?
Im not in a position at this time to get the funding needed to move ahead with the career path i so badly want to do, I have been driving for 8 year's now
and im 27 year's of age, I hold all my licences A,B,C,D all with +E, My aim is to now start on completing the instructor course's for all of my categoires and hopefully
build a successful business involving teaching people to drive at a very high standard.
I currently have experince in cars, motorcycles and coache's ive been driving coache's for 5 year's now but it's not really a job for a 27 year old  hmm although i do enjoy it,
I do have a good mechanical mind, But there's something about being a driving instructor that's got me very motivated,

All input would be very much appreciate.

Many thanks.

Read some books for part 1 then, if you have questions, ask them. Do you really have to pay for a course to do this?

Surely with you driving experience and motivation to become an instructor you must be happy with your driving standard? If so, put in for a part 2 test, the standard is not that high and with your experience it should not be too much of a problem.

Board footer