#1 15-07-05 19:27:07

bigtony

part 3 coming up

I have my part 3 on tuesday 19th july any last minute advise from anyone wink

15-07-05 19:27:07

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: part 3 coming up

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 15-07-05 20:43:14

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Yes - Don't take it if you're not ready!

Do not use it as practice for passing 2nd time around. Too many PDI's seem to think they can afford to use up their first attempt to find out what the test is like. Too many find themselves on a trip to the dole office a few months later.

Other than that - Good luck!

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

#3 15-07-05 22:38:03

Rauxaman

How do you feel about it?

#4 15-07-05 22:40:31

comet

i recently failed part 3 ,i wished i had of practiced correcting errors on differant gradients during manouvures before test

#5 15-07-05 22:42:07

Rauxaman

so things ran away from you?

#6 15-07-05 22:58:24

comet

yes rauxman iwas absolute crap to be honest up to a point of being dangerous at one point.looking back now the mist has cleared a bit .i listened carefully to what the examiner said took it on board becouse it made a lot of sense,i,ve seeked a fresh aproach from a different trainer and will start to gain experiance on a pink from next month,by the way i read your post ,so close eh,thats got to be good for a first time ,you should nail it next go ,good luck

#7 15-07-05 23:11:46

dashdriving.com
Website

Hi,

Big red's post is very much to the point. There is a hell of a lot of wisdom in what he's written.

No trainee should ever,  EVER, use the first attempt to simply 'see what it's like'

Part 3 is very little more than a learner driving lesson, and should be approached exactly like a normal driving lesson.

There is absolutely no excuse at all for not giving it your very best shot, and striving to get through first time.

I often wonder if the very common practice of trainers telling trainees to use the first part 3 attempt 'just to see what it's like' is a genuine training suggestion, or an excuse for poor training.

regards,

Dave Hartley
ADI Trainer for Dash driving

www.dashdriving.com

you never do anything wrong,
you just find new ways of not doing it right.

#8 15-07-05 23:17:45

Rauxaman

So close but so far!!!
You get nowt for second.

Not quite sure about the advice about not using the first attempt as a toe in the bath (as long as you have done the course 100%).
I now know that I am not going to be subjected to one hour's  torture from some evil monster .

As you've said, take it as a BIG learning experience and go for it.

Personally I don't yet think I've got my head completely around the phase two bit  :?:

#9 16-07-05 08:36:00

luchell

what dash is saying is that no one should ever just try it to see what its like even though they dont feel quite ready for reasons of using it as have a go sort of thing. i have to strongly agree with that. if i didnt think i was ready or there was a chance i wasnt good enough to do it i would postpone the test.

but then you know me all along ive been very eager about part three. someone explained it so well to me and put me at ease by saying if they as an instructor had a problem, they couldnt take a learner out for half hour to teach them emerging and could i do it? after him theres also a chap whose around test standard but needs a bit of help with whatever subjuct for 20 quid would i mind doing it. no i wouldnt. id take the pupils out and give them the best lesson im capable of. i like that way of looking at it. i havent explained it very well compared to how it was explained to me but im sure you can see what i mean. lol

if we all convinced ourselves thats all it is we'd get rid of some of our nerves. thats exactly how im looking at it.

#10 16-07-05 16:13:43

comet

bearing in mind theres only 3 atemps its common sense not to take the exam before you are ready,i personaly was in the situation of thinking am i ready or not ,my trainer thought i was,i was in 2 minds but then again i was in 2 minds for part 2 and i sailed through with 3 minors so what i,m saying is being 50 % sure is not sure enough

Board footer