You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 14-07-05 10:37:07

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

Part 3 Test August 16th 10am - Southampton

Hello,
I have my test on August 16th at 10am in Southampton however I'm going to Cancel this appointment for two reasons. 1 I will have not done enough training by then as not on a pink, 2. The training car I'm to do it in will not be available.

I thought to myself before I cancel and book another one would see if anyone would like to use my appointment and lease with myself so I will cancel just before one of you ring up for that specific date and time. Can't see why it would not work - just bad luck if it doesn't work out.

All the best
Si.

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

14-07-05 10:37:07

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Part 3 Test August 16th 10am - Southampton

#2 24-07-05 16:40:04

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

Hi again,

Final call, I'm going to cancel my test in August to November and have to do this by Thursday as going away for a week.

If anyone is ready for part 3 in a few weeks time, then this is your chance to take it as I cancel mine. Just a case of timeing. Otherwise good luck.

Rgds
Si.

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

#3 25-07-05 19:33:08

sue hawkins

Hi there Why would you cancel 'cos you are not on a pink licence? I passed 1st time on every part and never had a 'real' pupil, just my trainer and an SE in role.  You can use your own car, no need for dual controls as long as you insure for any dirver on the day of the test. Ask yourself, are you ready? The pink licence is irrelevant! A lot of students make the mistake of thinking they need extra practice with real pupils on a pink licence (which is good practice, but you don't have a trainer in the back telling you if you are doing things wrong! They book themselves up fully with pupils and don't give enough attention to PT3 training ie homework and preparation for PT 3 which can be different to the real world  You could be giving lessons to a real pupil....and even go to test...and pass...but in PT 3 its a poentially different ball game!

#4 25-07-05 20:55:09

luchell

perhaps if the training departments supplied enough quality tuition for us at part three we wouldnt feel the need to try and get some sort of experience elsewhere. personally i use my pink to its full advantage and theres no way i could have done it without it. i had all the training there was to do, no more supplied and it was rubbish to be quite frank given that theres not a hope in hell i would have been able to take and pass a part three on what i knew.

my contract states i cannot get training elsewhere so im stuffed. i have to be grateful i have people like dash to always be on hand for advice whenever i need help and im not paying them!! so i went the pink route,for confidence, a chance to really practice the psts which my training did not allow me, we only did a baby brief, got told what else to write on our lesson plan then on to the one talk through then next subject. hopeless. unless you diywhich is what im doing. ive passed parts one and two first time and intend to do that with part three to. all down to my hard work not anyone elses.
3 days were spent in the classroom talking about levels of instruction and the core comps then just three days 2 to 1 in the car doing tiny roleplays which we werent very capable of back then. thanks to my pink being used correctly i feel i stand a good chance of whipping through part three

so i guess thats why people sometimes choose to go on a pink.

#5 25-07-05 20:59:08

luchell

what i ean by using it correctly, is doing mini pst lesson, so in one 2 hour lesson i will o two mini psts for example, i might choose emergency stop mirrors as one, then left reverse for the other they dont have to be linked, depends on the pupil.

if someones coming up nr test or has failed one i do phase 2 psts on them for mini lessons. i then evaluate what i could have done better and how it went on the whole making sure i do it better next time. i go through the driving instructors handbook to make sure im getting in all i should do and i also make sure i use obectives at start of every lesson. i debrief at he end. im practising my core comps all day long, again establishing i can do better. i will do anything i can to make my self better.

#6 25-07-05 21:01:23

luchell

sue, you sound like youre as passionate about your job as i am about my hopeful career. any tips or advice always greatly received lol do you think i can do anything else to get more out of my pink? i do more than ive written but anything might help me. thanks hayley

Board footer