You are not logged in.

#1 28-07-12 12:24:16

mark.moe

Check Test

mad

Hi all

Ive been qualified a year last week and I been thinking when I get my check test, coz i want it out of the way

I recieved my appointment in post today for 2nd october.
Now I got my part3 nerves back.

I am going to use a pupil and hoping to do the turn in the road on it if i got a pupil to do it

Its at Middlewood Rd Sheffield Test centre

Do I have to do everything by the book?
Does he tell me what area to go or can I go anywhere?
Have I messed it up if pupil doesnt get it right in that hour?
Do I need to do any more training or just do what I know? I am confident in my ability to do it but you know what nerves are like.

Any more questions I missed?

Any help or advice or experience will be great.

thanks

28-07-12 12:24:16

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Check Test

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 28-07-12 15:55:03

VandADI
Administrator

In addition to Blindspot's valuable points, an extra to No. 3.

3.  DO check out the route you want to use on the day. Nothing worse than finding road closed or road works

Do an assessment of the route at the same time as your check test, nothing worse than not anticipating rush hour times, school runs etc., and finding out you cannot end on time, by October, kids will be back at school so doing the route now will not give you a realistic time frame.

Also, October is a long way off.  How do you know you will be doing a Turn in Road with pupil at that time? You will be better off preparing to plan the subject/route much nearer the time, and as Blindspot has already mentioned,

Just carry it out as a normal part of your progressive teaching.

Good luck, and keep on asking questions smile

#3 28-07-12 17:15:53

Terrier
Banned

Just do a normal lesson and don't treat it as a PST. The lesson should appropriate for the pupils needs, in other words don't teach a TIR just because you feel comfortable with it, if the pupil is not ready to learn it or they are already capable of doing it well then you are giving the wrong lesson.

Remember the route should be appropriate to pupils level, there's no point in keeping a pupil on quiet housing estate if they are close to test standard. Don't try to do too much in the time you have, many instructors cover too many subjects and end up with none of them complete.

If the pupil is having a poor lesson be prepared to change your lesson plan to deal with obvious continual problems, eg; if your plan is to teach emerging at junctions and the pupil is stalling continually change the subject to deal with this but don't forget to tell the pupil what's happening and why you are doing it. If the pupil improves you may still have time to return to the original subject.

Good luck

ADI Development Greater Manchester & Cheshire Grade 6 ORDIT Approved
Cardington Grade A  RoSPA Gold
DSA External Trainer Certificate for Instructor Training

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 28-07-12 17:30:15

mark.moe

VandADI wrote:

In addition to Blindspot's valuable points, an extra to No. 3.

3.  DO check out the route you want to use on the day. Nothing worse than finding road closed or road works

Do an assessment of the route at the same time as your check test, nothing worse than not anticipating rush hour times, school runs etc., and finding out you cannot end on time, by October, kids will be back at school so doing the route now will not give you a realistic time frame.

Also, October is a long way off.  How do you know you will be doing a Turn in Road with pupil at that time? You will be better off preparing to plan the subject/route much nearer the time, and as Blindspot has already mentioned,

Just carry it out as a normal part of your progressive teaching.

Good luck, and keep on asking questions smile

thanks for all advice, its brill

I just said turn in road coz i do like teaching that, but if i cant then i can pick any thing.

Also does the subject I teach on the test have to be completely new to my pupil or is it ok if they covered it before but needs more work?

Board footer