You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 08-07-12 11:38:19

Tiamaria
Website

part 3 phase one.

My part 3 test was booked 7 weeks ago, (first space i could get)  but soon came round.
Had not been nervous this whole time until i arrived at the TC.  Then the nerves started, made worse by having the same examiner as i had for my part 2, although i did pass it first time), but just knew she was a bit strict!...
Was told on the walk to the car which PST i had,  TIR and Left and right turns.  was quite pleased with that. (but had already looked when i signed the declaration form)
So got in the passenger seat and got my “picture book” out and my prompt card, for TIR, which i stuck on the dash board.  This was a godsend idea!!  Easy to glance at to remind yourself of things!! wink
Couple of minutes asking her questions eg have you reversed before,  how keep the car slow, etc,
Then we were off driving to the practice area.
Took control from the start by asking her where she would stop at the T junction, what speed to use, where she is looking etc, ,
Drove to the practice area with a couple of faults on the way, mainly clutch and gears. asked her about consequences and why she was doing it and got them solved straight away.  So far so good!!
Did my briefing which i didn’t really even think too much about, lasted about 6 minutes, showed her the diagram of what we would be doing. 
First attempt, little turns on the wheel, but spotted it straight away, explained  why to use big hands on the wheel and was fine after that.  Kept looking down as she selected gears, told her several times the dangers of doing this and what she should do and why.
2nd attempt..  not looking at right blind spot, checked this and she started to do it, BUT didn’t notice she wasn’t doing the left one either and hardly looking out the back window!!  Annoyed that i didn’t pick these up at all, too busy watching her feet!! mad (still not sure why i was doing that)  big lesson learned there for me!! hmm
3rd attempt was fine, but still think obs were poor and didn’t realise that i didn’t solve it, hence only got a 4 for identification , got a 5 for analysis and a 4 for remedial action
Learns from phase 1,
Watch the examiner closely, don’t spend too long looking at feet!!
Use a prompt card for possible faults that can happen,
Look at it much more often than you think you need to!!
Tell them why or why not,  and the consequences, every time i did this, the fault was fixed!

Phase 1 completed... breather and mouthful of drink then onto phase 2.

Last edited by Tiamaria (08-07-12 11:46:00)

Part 1 04/11/11 99/63 big_smile
part 2 12/12/11 first time 4 minors smile
part 3 04/07/12 first time 4/4. big_smile
Check test grade 4

08-07-12 11:38:19

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: part 3 phase one.

#2 23-10-12 10:12:20

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

I can't believe nobody replied to your message, it is a really big moment when you pass your part 3 - well done you and damn all those who ignored your exciting day.

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

#3 03-11-12 13:33:34

Tiamaria
Website

thanks for the kind replies!  wasnt too worried that no one  repsonded, i just wanted to be able to help PDIs, as i found this forum invaluable and wanted to do my bit.  big_smile
so am now out in the big wide world of instructing.  Part time only.  been great, everything now flows so easily, cant believe i was struggling with all this whilst i was training. roll
Really admire anyone who can do this full time though, its quite tiring!! hmm

Part 1 04/11/11 99/63 big_smile
part 2 12/12/11 first time 4 minors smile
part 3 04/07/12 first time 4/4. big_smile
Check test grade 4

#4 22-01-13 13:09:25

Trikz

Thank you for the great write ups... It's great to get first hand experience of the test and your personal tips.  smile

Board footer