You are not logged in.

#1 04-07-12 11:34:22

Terrier
Banned

Suzuki Swift

Any instructors using the suzuki swift, I'm changing in a month or two and like the look of the swift. Are there any reliability issues with it? Any info appreciated.

ADI Development Greater Manchester & Cheshire Grade 6 ORDIT Approved
Cardington Grade A  RoSPA Gold
DSA External Trainer Certificate for Instructor Training

04-07-12 11:34:22

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Suzuki Swift

#2 04-07-12 13:19:12

Roadmaster
Verified Member

Quite a few ADIs in my area have them, and my colleague has two.  The only one to complain had the diesel rather than petrol version.

#3 04-07-12 15:10:01

Terrier
Banned

Thanks for the help.

#4 04-07-12 20:05:17

suebiker

Hi - I have had two Swifts and have really liked them.  Both were diesel and I had no problems with either of them.  The only complaint I had was with the 59 reg one the clutch was not as good as the 2005  model.  The clutch would often judder and would burn quite easily if you held it the clutch for too long .  Whereas the older version was brillient and the clutch was always smooth. 

Overall they are a lovely car to teach in - easy to drive , good visability.  To me the biggest problem with the diesel at least ,was service intervals of 9000 miles !  Which means a lot of servicing!!!  I also found servicing costs very expensive.  The 1st service was about £260 .  Compared to the fiesta which I have now - which was about £140 and servicing interval are 12500 miles. 

Hope this helps

Sue

#5 04-07-12 20:29:10

Terrier
Banned

Thanks for that Sue it's very helpful. I have a fiesta diesel at present and they are cheap to run and good to drive, so not sure what to do for next car.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 04-07-12 20:47:31

hoylake
Verified Member
Website

Think JonnyG had some probs with his if you pm him.

http://www.sophiesdrivinglancaster.co.uk
Adi & Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Gold

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 05-07-12 20:42:28

suebiker

Terrier wrote:

Thanks for that Sue it's very helpful. I have a fiesta diesel at present and they are cheap to run and good to drive, so not sure what to do for next car.

No problem - tbh I don't think I would go back to another swift after the fiesta as it is cheaper to run  and more practical.  The boot on the swift is tiny which was an issue for  me.  Whilst it is not our family car it used to drive me nuts as it was tiny -  It may not be a problem for you -  but something to consider.

Good luck in your search - hope you find what you want

Sue

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 05-07-12 21:40:07

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

suebiker wrote:

...The boot on the swift is tiny which was an issue for  me.  Whilst it is not our family car it used to drive me nuts as it was tiny ...

I tell people that my 2005 Swift's boot will only accept anything that can fit into a standard A4 envelope - an exaggeration of course but it could be bigger. I think the later bodies have larger boots.

I have a 2008 model Australian spec 1.5L petrol Swift which is a very good training car in that the drive train is very good especially the gearbox and the handling is excellent, but oh that body!

My body issues (the car not me) are:
* Loud annoying rattle from inside the dashboard and an accompanying one from the rear seat area in anything but the smoothest of roads,
* seat adjustments a little sticky,
* indicator stalk "sticks" on occasion making the driver worried it might snap off when signalling,
* radio only just adequate (fuzzy bass and volume varies with engine revs),
* super-thin body paint which seems to scratch just looking at it.

I think the Aussie Swifts from that year were assembled in Asia so the UK ones would probably not have these problems?

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

Board footer