You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 02-07-12 19:46:07

www.1waydriving.net
Website

Twitter????

Has anyone had any marketing success using twitter? If so how? I have had decent results through Facebook and was wondering if Twitter was an avenue to explore.

Thanks in advance.

www.1waydriving.net

Driving Lessons Wakefield and Dewsbury - www.1waydriving.net

02-07-12 19:46:07

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Twitter????

#2 03-07-12 07:55:17

kodama
Website

Depends what you want to use it for.

I use Twitter on my home page as google uses it as part of their algorithm when it comes to page ranking.  I update it twice a day with motoring news and the like from my blog.  Which in turn is linked to the twitter feed.  I have no idea if anyone reads it, but I do have several hundred followers ... im not sure why.

I've managed to sell ads and links on these blog posts from companies wanting more exposure and so has brought in a little extra money and I see it as being worth 5 minutes of time each morning.

#3 03-07-12 22:39:21

www.1waydriving.net
Website

Thanks was wondering about the SEO aspects I'll have to take a closer look. Which of the other social media sites improve google rankings?

Last edited by www.1waydriving.net (03-07-12 22:41:32)

www.1waydriving.net

#4 15-07-12 08:33:33

kodama
Website

Social Media now has fantasic ways of linking up with each other.  The big ones at the moment are facebook and Twitter, and can be easily linked up with one another.  New ones that seem to be popping up are are Linked in and Googles own Circles.  Which I found very confusing.  However, Im pretty sure Googles search engine will like you if a part of their own Facebook style program.

Others to consider linking to are

My Space - I think it's terrible, but I'm not a troubled teen
Delicious - You can back link to your site here, or leave some kind of press release with details of your site on.
Reddit - Again, same kind of thing
Having a blog with an RSS feed means your posts appear in numerous different places.  Leaving a trail back to your site.  The more blog posting sites you can link to the better.
Stumble Upon - If you can get pages of your site that appear here that others like, again it boosts Google awareness of you. 

Other ways of boosting you presence are to get yourself into free business listings.  Again having your webaddress in multiple places will help with backlinks.  Make sure anywhere you leave a link it's all content related.  So don't leave your details about driving schools in a list of bakers.  Everything MUST be content related.  Avoid link farm type sites.  Looks like a quick fix, but could cast you down into Google Hell and see your site removed from the web!  Well, in Goolge anyway.

Anything else you need let me know.

wink

#5 16-07-12 07:28:27

kodama
Website

Share and share a like.  I could ask the same of you.   big_smile

When I first started looking into the website stuff, I had no idea what I was reading, most of it didn't even apply to me and what we do.  A lot of the people who write up the help on how to do well with websites and Google use language which isn't common vernacular and puts the reader/learner off.  I've been receiving a lot of hel in the past week or so, I'm happy to give back in a field that I perhaps know a little about.  I think my site does pretty well.

#6 16-07-12 09:59:58

www.1waydriving.net
Website

Thanks Kodama, you have given me some food for thought. I always thought i was tech savvy until i dipped my toe in the seo world.
Ive started a blog on blogger, will the fact that people are coming to it from facebook etc give me a boost? Also how do i get this blog more visible?

www.1waydriving.net

#7 18-07-12 09:52:42

kodama
Website

There are numerous places where you can automatically upload your blog to.  If you go to my blog page 

http://www.a-class-driving.com/bristol- … e-blog.php

(Hope I'm allowed to post this here, if not, please let me know and I'll remove it)

Andf scroll to the bottom.  On the right hand side you'll see perhaps close to 40 places where my blog is back linked to.  Try vising the main sites and look into linking up with them.  It will usually require you to leave a back link to them on your blog page.  But with every blog post, you'll be published in 40 places at once instantly.

When you say "give me a boost" in regards to visitors from Facebook, do you mean a Google page rank boost?  If so, the answer is no.  Page visits from re-directs (as far as I'm aware) is not part of the algorithm Google is currently using to "rank" sites.

I used to use this tool a lot

http://marketing.grader.com/

It will give you feed back on how you're site is doing, where it's weak and could be improved.  I always find the steps easy to follow and understand.  It will also allow you to put in two other sites.  You can then see how someone else is able to pop up higher than you, or to make sure you're well ahead of the pack.  It's great.

I've just done one for my site and found I've not added social sharing buttons to my blog ... I've never heard of this before.  It's explained that by having this, my posts could then get re-tweeted, or "liked" on numerous sites and this will "boost" my google ratings.

#8 18-07-12 10:28:54

kodama
Website

The thing that could help boost your site is how many friends you have on Facebook, getting your blog linked with Twitter and then your Twitter linked with Facebook.  Then everytime you post, it will appear on all your friends pages.

#9 18-07-12 21:25:49

www.1waydriving.net
Website

Again great advice mate, wish I could buy you a cold one.

www.1waydriving.net

Board footer