You are not logged in.

#1 01-07-12 09:43:22

(ROG)
Verified Member

B+E training around the UK

Is there a list of UK providers for B+E training anywhere as I often come across people asking for trainers in their area?

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

01-07-12 09:43:22

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: B+E training around the UK

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 01-07-12 09:51:22

daz6215
Verified Member

http://www.ntta.co.uk/buyers_guide/driving_schools.html

There's not many on the list, but I came across this a while ago!

Last edited by daz6215 (01-07-12 09:52:51)

#3 28-10-12 22:54:34

miketdt

Being you have asked the question ROG I am putting my name forward, and I have been teaching B+E in the Exeter area for 12 plus years.
Having been an ADI for very nearly 19 years and an owner operator of C+E trucks for 17 years before my ADI badge, I feel I am suitably qualified to teach B+E.
Having taught LGV C and C+E for 2 year back in the days of flatbed vehicles. I did up grade to a 13 ton box for a time but could not make it pay so start teaching B+E.
If you google B+E training in Exeter you will see me near the top. Lately I do more B+E than B.

#4 29-10-12 06:10:55

reddragonbus
Verified Member

I teach B+E in Edinburgh/ Glasgow.

LGV PCV Instructor DVSA ADI Fleet

#5 29-10-12 09:17:19

Roadmaster
Verified Member

The DSA are carrying out B+E training at cardington for the Highways Agency staff.
DSA's Mark McGee says it's OK because you don't ned to be an ADI to teach B+E

#6 29-10-12 13:48:29

Daveyboy
Verified Member

If you're correct Roadmaster, then surely there is a conflict of interest.

I would have thought this was outside the remit of the DSA.

I will have to see if its possible to train and test my pupils, and get paid for each element. Nice work if you can get it.

PS. It's Mark Magee

Last edited by Daveyboy (29-10-12 13:49:16)

#7 29-10-12 17:16:45

(ROG)
Verified Member

Back in the 70s I trained in-house for my first licence in a 7.5 tonner

All 3 trainers were also delegated DSA examiners

Whoever did the training could not conduct the test

IAM Observer

#8 29-10-12 17:26:19

Daveyboy
Verified Member

I think you are mistaken, because DSA didn't exist in the '70.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 29-10-12 17:47:11

(ROG)
Verified Member

Daveyboy wrote:

I think you are mistaken, because DSA didn't exist in the '70.

I assumed DSA or whatever it was then - the situation was as described

IAM Observer

#10 29-10-12 20:33:11

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi
Back in the early 70's it was the Ministry of Transport, later it became the Dept of the Environment.
Delegated examiners have been used for years by different organisations, the main one people know about is the millitary whose examiners get Cardington training.
When I got my private pilot's licence I was taught by a number of instructors at the flying school and my practical test was taken by the Chief Flying Instructor at the same school. He was a fascinating chap, ex test pilot who flew the original magnetic mine destroying (de-gauzing ring) Wellington test flights.

Board footer