You are not logged in.

#1 20-06-12 06:21:10

Ghost Rider

What Yaris

Hi all,

Thinking of changing my lease car for a two year old Yaris.Spoke to the salesman at the local Toyota garage is said the 1.33 can be more awkward to drive than the 1.0.

Would like any Yaris owners to reply back with there own views on this car.I have always taught in petrols till my present car which is a diesel and is hard to stall.Im I wise to go back to a petrol car or would I be better going for a diesel Yaris.

Look forwards to hearing from Yaris owners.

Thanks

20-06-12 06:21:10

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: What Yaris

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 20-06-12 06:38:14

hoylake
Verified Member
Website

Had two diesels, they were good returning about 45 mpg on lessons with a roof box on, take off the box and it will be nearer 50mpg, cheap to service at about £120 per 10k. My second one was a sr with 55 series tyres so the alloys got bashed a lot, best avoided IMO. Covered about 80k in them with one breakdown.

Still have a diesel Toyota, an Auris.

http://www.sophiesdrivinglancaster.co.uk
Adi & Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Gold

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#3 20-06-12 06:42:31

Roadmaster
Verified Member

I would never go back to petrol, just on economy alone. 

the salesman at the local Toyota garage is said the 1.33 can be more awkward to drive than the 1.0.

Don't understand that.   Perhaps you should have offered him a few lessons in it if he thought it was awkward to drive  big_smile

#4 20-06-12 07:30:35

Mentor
Verified Member

I would agree with the salesman though my driving experience of the 1.33 engine was on an Auris. The start/stop feature annoyed me no end and the engine just felt underpowered. I have used the 1.0l Yaris and found it perfectly ok as an instructor car. I currently have a Mazda2 Diesel 1.4 coming on for 91k which has been very good but they have dropped the 1.4 engine from the range now.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 21-06-12 07:38:00

CantThinkofaName
Verified Member

Mentor wrote:

The start/stop feature annoyed me no end and the engine just felt underpowered.

What was it about the start/stop that annoyed? I imagine in our line of work it would save quite a bit on fuel.

DKL Driving School Belfast www.drivinglessonsbelfast.co.uk

#6 21-06-12 12:21:01

Ghost Rider

The stop/start is the problem with the 1.33 being very off putting and hard to work.Drove a 1.0 yesterday and I really enjoyed it.Nice to have the extra set of doors than my DS3.

Ds3 to expensive to lease and I want to cut my overheads this time for the car.Hope I dont miss the diesel being harder to stall.

#7 21-06-12 12:26:06

Roadmaster
Verified Member

Can you not turn off the stop/start feature?  I'm sure there was a switch on the yaris I used when mine was in the garage.

#8 21-06-12 15:03:10

martin_t
Verified Member

Yes you can, but why would you want to? The only reason I can think of is in order to use more fuel and pollute the planet more.

#9 21-06-12 15:12:36

Roadmaster
Verified Member

I was responding to ghost rider's comment that it was a problem.   If you are so concerned about polluting the planet you should by a bike.

#10 22-06-12 07:20:28

martin_t
Verified Member

God you're touchy :-(

If you think my comment was aimed specifically at you then you're far too self-obsessed.

Board footer