You are not logged in.

#1 09-07-05 21:24:34

sardine
Verified Member

Safety checks

Decided to check oil, water, etc today.
After under bonnet check, let bonnet down but it stopped about 1” short.
Lifted bonnet back up to close it using more force.
Pushed bonnet down to close it, it stopped short again but because I was pushing it down I dislocated my thumb! :cry:
Spent 3 hours in casualty, my thumb is strapped and I have to wear a sling to elevate my hand. :shock:
Was told not to drive as my insurance is invalid because of the dressing they have put on.
Have to go back in a week for the dressing to be removed so at least a week “off road”
In pain and totally fed up. sad
Can’t believe a safety check put me in hospital! :?

Passed 1st Theory 31.08.04
Failed 1st Practical 21.03.05
Passed 2nd Practical 23.04.05
Completed Pass Plus 07.05.05
Drives an "M" reg Astra called Simon
Sardine

09-07-05 21:24:34

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Safety checks

#2 10-07-05 22:22:22

Mmm

Ouch. Reminds me of the time I was told exercise was good for the health so i went cyling and came off the bike, d'oh!
So did you ever get the bonnet shut?
Get well soon anyway!

#3 11-07-05 07:57:36

sardine
Verified Member

Yes I did manage to shut the bonnet but I am definitely looking around for a general car maintenance course  wink

Passed 1st Theory 31.08.04
Failed 1st Practical 21.03.05
Passed 2nd Practical 23.04.05
Completed Pass Plus 07.05.05
Drives an "M" reg Astra called Simon
Sardine

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 02-09-05 11:52:56

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

I've been told to NEVER push a bonnet down because newer cars with thin body panels cant hack it - you end up with dents where your fists were. Lower it to about 6-8"" then let it drop! If you can ignore the awful slamming noise it always works well in practice.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

Board footer