You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 30-05-12 14:05:57

Promanade

Is it really the best policy?

When growing up I came from an era where statements such as ” honesty is always the best policy” and “say what you really think even if it could offend” would always gain you respect.

I respect and admire people who are honest and up front with me even if it sometimes dents my pride.

Sadly these beliefs are becoming a thing of the past and it now appears to be a case of “tell them what they want to hear” or “don’t tell the truth you will offend and cause upset”

Am I way off the mark? Or does anyone else agree?

30-05-12 14:05:57

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Is it really the best policy?

#2 30-05-12 15:30:21

hoylake
Verified Member
Website

Recently was very honest with a new client who had been told by previous instructor she was ready for test.
Result, she takes no more lessons with me. Regrets? Only that the same week she started, I turned down 2 other people, who may have been better.

Last edited by hoylake (30-05-12 20:31:23)

http://www.sophiesdrivinglancaster.co.uk
Adi & Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Gold

#3 30-05-12 17:12:09

Promanade

I respect an ADI who is honest enough to tell the truth even at the cost of losing a pupil. You dont think the pupil is safe your integrity is intact! You can sleep easy.

Board footer