You are not logged in.

#1 08-04-12 10:51:47

paulcook2
Website

What are the credentials of examiners conducting CTs

Hi folks

What are the general credentials of the man / woman awarding us with our Grade at check test time?  I presume they're all ex-ADIs...? Or at least have experience and Diplomas in Driver Education..?  Because if they don't, what makes them qualified to judge our performance as trainers?

If they have only been exposed (during their careers) to Examining, then how could they judge driver training?

Sorry if this sounds like I have a chip on the old shoulder - I don't, honest - it just seems a bit strange to me....

So please tell me that I'm wrong, and that all the Examiners conducting our Check Tests are experienced in driver training.,...

Thanks for reading.

08-04-12 10:51:47

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: What are the credentials of examiners conducting CTs

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 08-04-12 11:16:21

MGM
Verified Member

paulcook2 wrote:

Hi folks

What are the general credentials of the man / woman awarding us with our Grade at check test time?  I presume they're all ex-ADIs...? Or at least have experience and Diplomas in Driver Education..?  Because if they don't, what makes them qualified to judge our performance as trainers?

If they have only been exposed (during their careers) to Examining, then how could they judge driver training?

Sorry if this sounds like I have a chip on the old shoulder - I don't, honest - it just seems a bit strange to me....

So please tell me that I'm wrong, and that all the Examiners conducting our Check Tests are experienced in driver training.,...

Thanks for reading.

The lady who carried out my Part 3 - and who also conducts check tests - had tried to become an ADI and had failed her Part 3 three times.

#3 08-04-12 11:32:01

Roadmaster
Verified Member

No they don't have to be ex-ADI, and I know several who have only ever been examiners.
And they are trained and tested in-house with no independent assessment too.

Board footer