You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 03-04-12 06:26:48

kodama
Website

Mini Clubman?

Does anyone use a clubman for tuition purposes?  Only about 30cm or so longer than normal one by looks of things, and looks practical.  Any feed back would be welcome.

03-04-12 06:26:48

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Mini Clubman?

#2 03-04-12 07:42:00

RobC
Verified Member
Website

An ADI has one in my area, I get quite a lot of comments from my pupils saying they dont like the look of them. The normal Mini is cramped in the back but looks sporty as far as the pupil is concerned.

One of my neighbours has a new specced up Cooper S Clubman, cost him £32K, madness!

Last edited by RobC (03-04-12 07:46:41)

www.midasbustraining.webs.com
Midas Minibus Driver Assessor Trainer & Passenger Assistant Trainer
DVSA Fleet Registered Trainer

#3 03-04-12 08:57:30

martin Williams
Verified Member

Not for me too far expensive and i believe expensive to maintain £1200 for a new clutch for example  yikes

#4 04-04-12 06:44:15

kodama
Website

Went for a test drive yesterday and found the clutch to be mega stiff.  Is this a mini thing?  The sales person commented saying they aren't usually like that, so then why use it as a demo model?  Also found the gear box quite tight and close together.  Perhaps you get used to it.  The real turn off were the indicators.  When I use use them, I want them to stay in the position I moved them to.  Not spring up back to the resting position, but still tick away.  Annoying. 

It's only 24cm longer than a normal mini.  Really looks much longer.  Depending on colour, it really seems to make it look different. 

Back to the drawing board I guess.

#5 12-04-12 22:47:15

Awful gearbox with reverse being a real bgguer to get into, and the indicators....aaaggh!

#6 13-04-12 06:46:44

kodama
Website

I've decided to ditch the idea of going mini.  I used to have 3 way back when I was young, it just doesnt seem to be the same.  I just dont think Id get used to those indicators.  Reverse is weird too.  Thinking of looking at the VW Up!  Going to be a few months before He-Man make the duals though.

#7 15-03-13 16:00:08

minidrivingschool
Website

We have a few clubmans! good car!

Board footer