You are not logged in.

#1 23-03-12 21:35:35

Evan
Administrator

The stupidly dangerous things people do

My sister phoned me today in a bit of a state, she was driving along a NSL dual carriageway and heard a noise on the back left hand side of her vehicle. She managed to get pulled into the side of the road and after checking around found that someone had taken 3 of the four wheel locking bolts from her back wheel. They were unable to get the last one off, as it is the type that needs a special socket to remove it. After getting it to the garage the mechanic told her she was so lucky that the bolt had not snapped. Talk about mindless stupidity her and her son could have been killed had the wheel come off, it beggars belief what some will do.

Last edited by Evan (23-03-12 21:38:16)

23-03-12 21:35:35

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: The stupidly dangerous things people do

#2 23-03-12 21:41:55

Evan
Administrator

Yes I would Peter, I am not sure what makes people behave in such an irresponsible way, lesson learned though because I will make a point of being more vigilant checking around my own vehicle now, you just don't expect things like this to happen to your car when you park it.

Last edited by Evan (23-03-12 21:43:06)

#3 24-03-12 21:48:38

android
Verified Member

Where was she last parked before that journey?  The theft/ attempted theft/sabotage may have been recorded on CCTV. Seems to me those that did this were not 'professionals' and might not be good at evading capture.

Confucius say, "Opinion, like old man's dribble - Once out of mouth, no use to anyone."

#4 24-03-12 22:06:41

Mentor
Verified Member

There's a lot to be said for steel wheels with plastic trims held on with cable ties.  wink

Board footer