You are not logged in.

#1 11-01-12 12:15:47

tollhgv

Part 3 failed...

I failed my first attempt at part 3 knowing I was not ready and my tutor knowing I was not ready. A certain training school ( a certain colour single named firm) I am with dont care, actually put phone on my wife today.
Feel real low and ready to simply take it that this company have gained 3k for doing preceisly not much. I am a single earner so this is or was a lot of money to hand over, feel disgusted with myself for believing the hard sell.
My score was 2/3  poor.

11-01-12 12:15:47

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Part 3 failed...

#2 11-01-12 13:09:13

on board training

Hi,

I am sorry for your result.

However, if you and trainer knew you weren't ready - why did you go?

Rather than be ready to pack it in - do you now have a better idea what you need to do to get yourself ready to pass next time?

Brian

#3 11-01-12 13:38:52

tollhgv

Why did I go....I went hoping that maybe just maybe I would pass, that maybe I could prove myself to be better , is that such a hard thing!

The company have offered no additional tuition or support, in fact they put the phone down! My Examiner told me I had the knowledge but it just lacked getting across. Maybe this is just not for me, I need to re evaluate where I want to go. I already appologised to my wife for wasting the money, I feel I have let her down more than myself.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 11-01-12 14:00:36

fishie
Banned
Website

Where are you based

www.fishersdrivingschool.co.uk
Remember only dead fish's go with the flow
Grade 6 by fluke this and last time
Some cardigan in the wardrobe non ordit

#5 11-01-12 14:20:53

tollhgv

Birmingham.

#6 11-01-12 14:39:47

fishie
Banned
Website

Right plain speaking, you have gone and bought a course of the worst firm in our trade you have wasted your money tough luck you have been bleed dry ha ha. Why do people in middle age with more sense get sucked in by glossy mags and sales pitch's if it had been the double glazing rep i bet you would of treated him different. With the internet out there it does not take long to find out this firm has a crap history at the back of it so why should we feel sorry for you or to that point try and help.
My advice to you now follows two paths 1 stay with Red stand up for your rights dont do anymore tests until you are ready because its costing you £112.00 every time you fail. Make sure its one on one dont get in a car with more than you and the trainer. 2 Book and yes pay for beter training with somebody else in your area. I dont know the area well but hopefully somebody will post a good trainer to help you. I would expext you to need about 20 to 30 hours (yes i know it seems a lot but i have been there before) at about £30.00 per hour. If you fancy a weekend in leeds let me know.

www.fishersdrivingschool.co.uk
Remember only dead fish's go with the flow
Grade 6 by fluke this and last time
Some cardigan in the wardrobe non ordit

#7 11-01-12 14:55:05

tollhgv

I agree Fishie , if only I did my research but thats by and by now. A silly 52 yr old trying to make better his HGV low paid job, vulnerable, got sucked into this firm called Red. I do have a sort of  training buddy , whom is also peed off with Red, trying to pass his part 3, and has complained numerously, who I did have training hours with prior to my exam in the hope. Yes I can honestly say I have flushed 3k + down the toilet and among all the crap is where I would love to push certain employees of this company but alas I am not down that low in their league quite yet.
As in a previous post due to finances i will have to re evaluate where I go now as additional costs for added lessons would be a strain.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 11-01-12 15:07:57

Loopy Lou
Verified Member

fishie wrote:

Right plain speaking, you have gone and bought a course of the worst firm in our trade you have wasted your money tough luck you have been bleed dry ha ha. Why do people in middle age with more sense get sucked in by glossy mags and sales pitch's if it had been the double glazing rep i bet you would of treated him different. With the internet out there it does not take long to find out this firm has a crap history at the back of it so why should we feel sorry for you or to that point try and help.
My advice to you now follows two paths 1 stay with Red stand up for your rights dont do anymore tests until you are ready because its costing you £112.00 every time you fail. Make sure its one on one dont get in a car with more than you and the trainer. 2 Book and yes pay for beter training with somebody else in your area. I dont know the area well but hopefully somebody will post a good trainer to help you. I would expext you to need about 20 to 30 hours (yes i know it seems a lot but i have been there before) at about £30.00 per hour. If you fancy a weekend in leeds let me know.

WOW...talk about kicking a man when he's down... yikes

Plain speaking is one thing, but when someone is clearly as distressed as tollhgv, being so nasty is likely to make them feel a whole lot worse. What does rubbing someone's nose in it actually achieve in this situation?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and we've all done things in life we wish we hadn't  sad

@tollhgv - sadly (as I'm sure you now realise) your experience isn't unique.

One of our instructors was approached whilst on a lesson by a RED PDI about 3 years ago, in much the same position as yourself. He was totally disenchanted, unsupported and on the point of giving up and only the fact that he'd invested so much time and money already and had a family to provide for made him knock on our instructor's car window on an impulse and ask for help (which he got and he now has a franchise with us as a fully qualified ADI  wink)

fishie's advice (aside from the "plain speaking" bit) is sound though!

It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful...

#9 11-01-12 15:40:15

WillyO

A similar situation with a young learner I took on from one of the local multiple car schools here in N. Ireland. First 5 lessons £85 remainder lessons £24. Told pup on the 15th lesson "we'll have a bash at the test". Needless to say anyone never having sat a driving test before thought "GREAT! after 15 lessons I'm sitting (PASSING) my test. Wrong! nowhere ready. The instructor proceeded to put the pup through the driving test 4 times in as many weeks, Did he pass? NO!.Four hundred pounds out of pocket in test fees alone.I took this pupil on and it took another 10 lessons from me to get him through. POM ? MSM? No routine he didn't have a clue. I believe its mainly down to ignorance people do not explore these things in depth before jumping both feet first. I'm sorry to hear about the chaps experience on the part 3 debacle but it has to be put down to experience. Willy. yikes sad

A wise man does not need advice, But, only a fool won't take it.   Miam, DIAmond Advanced Test, DIAmond Special Test.

#10 11-01-12 17:25:30

boing boing
Verified Member
Website

Hi tollhgv.  You have pm.

#11 11-01-12 19:08:56

tollhgv

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the support receiving and will let you know what I decide soon. Again Thankyou.
Tony

#12 11-01-12 19:45:51

Evan
Administrator

Just hold on a second tollhgv, you are obviously upset about this and rightly so, but you have paid £3000 to be trained up to a standard that will get you not just through the part 3 test but more importantly embark on a career.

Now this obviously has not happened, whoever assessed your ability to attempt the part 3 got it wrong, that person was in the employ of the company you paid to train you.

You need to dust yourself off and get what you paid for don't throw £3000 away, you have the right to be trained to a good standard you have another two attempts yet. So you still have time to resolve and sort this situation.

There are some good books and videos on the market which don't cost a fortune and you may also benefit from doing a bit of buddy work with someone else who is working through their part 3.

At least try and get what is owed to you.

#13 11-01-12 21:14:07

Barry500
Website

Hi tollhgv, as above there is a thing called you tube as well there are some good and some bad ones on there to show you how to how to be a good driving instructor, amd pass your test.

#14 18-06-12 06:54:01

julieann

take a look at Ged Wilmot, the drivinginstructor and GPADI6 on youtube, they are great and i have learnt much more from them than anywhere else. The Ged ones show you exactly what to say in the adi part 3 test.Also there is a video with Dom off the BBC talking about red and how he got some peoples money back for them, good luck!

Last edited by julieann (18-06-12 06:56:40)

#15 25-06-12 19:23:40

tollhgv

Update......I am currently learning with additonal aids and having a one to one with a member of the forum whom is being extremely helpful and honest. Have not yet booked my part 3, 2nd attempt, but I  am improving lots and hopefully soon will give it another try, fingers crossed .
The advice I received from using this forum has been extremely helpful and I cannot stress how appreciative I am.
Red has not sent me any communication only a email requesting I join their franchise...I  will not repeat what I put in that email reply but lets say it was pretty damming and no doubt will not be pestered again !
My only advice is not to give REd a second glnace but leave well alone, they are interested only in how much profit and money they can invest in their own pocket, they have no interest in the pupil once signed on the dotted line, they are literally gutter rats!

#16 25-06-12 22:32:26

shelim
Verified Member

You only failed your first attempt on part 3

I come across lot of adi passed on 3rd attempt
not many on second attempt and only very few on first attempt

The national pass rate for adi on part 3 is only 31%

ask all members here how many attempt each had?

#17 26-06-12 08:22:57

tollhgv

In reply to Sheliem.........Red booked my part 3 first attempt knowing I was not ready and like the  twat thinking these guys actually knew they were doing right, went along although I knew and stressed to the instrutors and Red I was no where near ready but they literally hold you over a barrel and as they  were paying for part 3 1 attempt I had no choice. Yes most only pass part 3 after 2-3 attempt, that I am fully aware of, but I was told I had to take my part 3 when they told me too. Obviously I know now that was incorrect and I should of listened to my head more or as my wife would point out, listen maybe to her more lol
I only wish I had the fight to take Red where they need to go! and I agree this is one firm that definatley should be looked at again by trading standards.

#18 26-06-12 12:22:45

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

I had this same experience, (with the instructor college / red) I was booked in for my Part 3 way before I was ready and no further training was offered. Truly awful! I finally got 1 to 1 professional training from an independent trainer and eventually finally passed on my 6th go!!

These companies are a disgrace to 'education and training'.

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#19 26-06-12 20:52:29

Roadmaster
Verified Member

And yet DSA invite RED to attend the consultative meetings & vote on proposals which affect ADIs & PDIs.

#20 28-06-12 17:50:10

Newrose
Website

Really sorry that you did not make it 1st time. I think this is a very common problem.
I and 4 other students were let down by another instructor training school where they had not given me the 40 hrs training that they charged me for. I tackled them through Trading Standards and the school agreed to give further 2 driving lessons. I was not happy but was advised to take what ever i can.

Board footer