You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 04-01-12 20:48:39

KevD
Website

Fiesta 1.6TDCI Titanium

Hi Folks,

I'm thinking of changing tuition car soon and am seriously thinking about the Fiesta, as my car doubles up as a part time family car I do like something a little special so I suppose the "special" Fiesta is the Titanium - a cracking looking wee car. My reservations are about the tinted rear windows, does anyone use one??? How dark are they from inside? Does it make rearward observations impossible at night time?

Also I believe it comes with parking sensors as standard - are these legal to use on test? Can they be switched off as I prefer to teach driving/parking to what you can see.

Any other comments, good or bad on this car are most welcome

Thanks

Kevin  smile

www.saltiredrivertraining.co.uk
Driver training from a different perspective

04-01-12 20:48:39

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Fiesta 1.6TDCI Titanium

#2 04-01-12 20:56:23

Roadmaster
Verified Member

Tinted windows are not a problem either in the day or at night.  Many ADI cars now have tints.
I didn't like the fiesta though when I tested it because I thought rear side  visabilty was poor.

#3 04-01-12 21:11:08

hoylake
Verified Member
Website

Parking sensors are legal for test.

On the Auris they can be turned off. Don't know about the fiesta, sorry.

http://www.sophiesdrivinglancaster.co.uk
Adi & Fleet Trainer, RoSPA Gold

#4 04-01-12 21:56:28

suebiker

Hi - provided the parking sensors are factory fitted you can turn them off.  Tbh they are a pain in the butt!  I have front and rear sensors which are so sensitive they sing and dance so much they drive me nuts.  Unfortunately they turn on every time you engage reverse gear. However i just instruct pupils to turn them off at the switch on the dash!  I'm sure they could be disconected if you wanted.  They are not a problem on test!  I haven't got tinted glass on mine so I can't comment.  Apart from that i love the car to bits and so do my pupils!

Board footer