You are not logged in.

#1 02-07-05 09:29:21

alan o

why

could someone please tell me why i got involved with this.
passed part 2 but cant get my head round part 3 training am i stupid or wot. sad

02-07-05 09:29:21

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: why

#2 02-07-05 09:48:16

Rog
Website

alan o,

Who are you training with and how many hours have you had so far on the part 3?

Remember, to have a 'reasonable' understanding of what's required can take 40 hours of training.

Rog

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

#3 02-07-05 09:55:46

alan o

with instructor training collage peterbrough had 3 days on part three so far half in car and in class it just dont seem to be falling into place come out more confused every day.

#4 02-07-05 10:51:33

Rog
Website

alan o,

From what I understand of the ITC, your in car hours will be 2 to 1. So your time in the instructor role will be halved. I've now had 10.5 hours 1 to 1 and It's only just starting to fall into place. Like any new skills, instruction is made up of many sub-skills (just like driving) which all take time to master. At first each one has to be thought about, making it very hard to concentrate and remember all what you should be doing how and more importantly when. As each sub-skill is mastered you'll find you have to think about it less until you reach a point where it's second nature and becomes fluid (again like learning to drive).

The process will at first be daunting and frustrating, but it's like eating an elephant - one piece at a time.

A good tip is to use talk through when ever you're driving, putting yourself in the mind set of a learner and not doing anything until you've told yourself to do it (make sure it's in the right order).

Hope this helps.

Rog

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

#5 02-07-05 11:33:47

Django

What bits don't you get? Is it theory side of it or the role play?

#6 02-07-05 13:23:15

alan o

thanks rog feel better already just got to get my head down and get on with it so to speak thanks for support wish i had found this site earlier

#7 03-07-05 15:22:07

erzanmine

Hi alan, take heart try not to worry too much. I have just passed p3 and found the first 3-4 lessons a nightmare, try to relax during the lesson remember you are paying for it. if you are not sure what to do tell your instructor to break it down in more detail for you.
1.Plan the lesson  1-2 pages of notes clear so you can read them.
2. think it through in your head at home, on the way to the lesson, what are you going to do as you move off.
3. try not to put yourself under too much pressure.
Remember it could be the way your instructor puts it across, thats what happened to me. Give it time.     :shock:

Board footer