You are not logged in.

#1 01-07-05 18:34:03

Rauxaman

A quick question...

... I haven't yet had a de-brief with my trainer regarding my Pt.3 fail last Monday as he has been too busy.
He has booked me in for this coming Monday.

Am I being too impatient?
I really want to get this thing sorted

R

01-07-05 18:34:03

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: A quick question...

#2 01-07-05 19:13:55

Airmiles

I think you should go and hammer on his/her door, right now! and ask for your money' worth.

#3 01-07-05 20:15:59

luchell

yep go hammer on the door while its fresh in his mind to!! id want to know right there and then what i could have done better.

#4 01-07-05 20:23:48

Rauxaman

That is what I'm thinking... I'm sitting here on a Friday night reflecting on my week.
I suppose that Monday's disappointment has taken a while to kick in and I have done nothing towards my goal since then.
Just thinking that if I was the trainer then I'd be out and into things straight away.

Methinks I'll just ask him for his advice on Monday and no more. See what his q&a and motivation techniques are like  :twisted:

#5 01-07-05 22:33:15

tuftyclub
Verified Member
Website

Hi Rauxaman, I guess I was lucky with my examiner for my part three fail then, he came and called me from the waiting room and I was ushered up the hallowed stairs of the test centre into the top floor open-plan office. It was empty, all the examiners being out on tests.

From there we went into a little office in the corner and behind closed doors ...... wait for it ...... he gave me a really good and very fair debrief.

I know he had another part three waiting but he wanted to tidy up the loose ends.

Since then I've been able to use what he told me the very same day whilst giving my daughter her next lesson.

Get onto him, his advice should be worth waiting for - that's as long as he can remember who you are  :?

#6 01-07-05 22:34:00

tuftyclub
Verified Member
Website

Hi Rauxaman, I guess I was lucky with my examiner for my part three fail then, he came and called me from the waiting room and I was ushered up the hallowed stairs of the test centre into the top floor open-plan office. It was empty, all the examiners being out on tests.

From there we went into a little office in the corner and behind closed doors ...... wait for it ...... he gave me a really good and very fair debrief.

I know he had another part three waiting but he wanted to tidy up the loose ends.

Since then I've been able to use what he told me the very same day whilst giving my daughter her next lesson.

Get onto him, his advice should be worth waiting for - that's as long as he can remember who you are  :?

#7 02-07-05 07:24:21

Rauxaman

My SE was pretty good too... he gave me a thorough de-brief including what I should have done to pass... also said "don't quote me... but next time... etc etc"

I know that I'm not far off but I have done NOTHING in the week since the fail. My trainer seems good but not that interested in the outcome, perhaps he's too used to failures.
An action plan is definitely called for here, Pt.3 dominated my life and has now gone away. I should have planned more post test I suppose.

I would definitely like to be more "inspirational" when I start to teach.

Board footer