You are not logged in.

#1 15-11-11 10:22:21

Stella

Decision on car

Hi all

My driving school car (my own) is currently sat in the garage awaiting possible repair! (turbo has gone  :x)

so I am now in the process of deciding where to go from here.

Do I get it fixed it's going to cost around £1600! & I can be back on the road before the end of the week teaching again or do I cut my losses & buy a new one.

Can anyone recommend any of the leasing companies they use?

Alternativly I go out & buy a new car

I currently teach in a Peugeot 307 05 plate & to be honest it's been the most unreliable car I have ever owned, so I am a little put off getting another one.

Can any body recommend a car make that they have found reliable?

Thanks for any advice

Stella

15-11-11 10:22:21

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Decision on car

#2 15-11-11 12:56:01

martin Williams
Verified Member

Well the way i see it if the car is worth more than you are spending to get it repaired you get it repaired if not scrap it.

Then maybe its time to change lease or buy new or used depends on your situation such as.

Do you need a car as big as a 307?
How many miles do you do will it justify spending extra on a diesel?
Will you need finance?
How much you want to spend?
How much you get for the old car?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 15-11-11 16:50:58

smithwold
Verified Member
Website

As Martin has more or less said, depends on the value of the car.
Getting it fixed may be a short term solution to staying on the road AND give a decent deposit on another.

#4 15-11-11 18:26:18

Stella

Thanks Martin & smithwold

Once the car is in working order it's worth about 3.5k

I don't need a car as big as a 307, it was the car I owned before becoming an instructor so just had the duals added.

I only teach part time approx 15-20 lessons a week & would need to have finance on the car rather than buying it out right.

I am thinking now that I will get it fixed so will have a busy day tomorrow ringing around tryin to get a better quote, the above quote was from the local Peugeot dealer

However in the mean time I need a car! Does anyone know or have used a company who will do a short term lease of a car so that I can continue teaching until th car is fixed? 

#5 15-11-11 20:11:00

Barry500
Website

You can lease for short periods like 3 months but to be honest my thing would be to get a 07/09 car like a pug 207 you can always get a private plate which start from £35 then you have to add transfere fees.IT could make the car look younger than it really is.

Board footer