You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 14-11-11 09:35:25

on board training

Scottish - 2 Day Ian edwards Coaching Course 8th & 9th December 2011

Hi,

The new DSA National Driver Training Standard document
http://www.dft.gov.uk/news/press-releas … s-20111031
http://assets.dft.gov.uk/publications/d … andard.pdf
describes what skills an instructor needs to have to deliver driver/rider education. It talks about client centred learning and looks specifically at coaching.

I email to advise you that I have ten spaces remaining for a 2 day coaching course facilitated by Ian Edwards of e-Driving Solutions.

The 2 day course which is suitable for those new to coaching or others wanting to enhance their skills, takes place 9am to 5pm on both the 8th and 9th December 2011 within the Shawlands Hotel near Larkhall ML9 2TZ.

As a common comment after courses is ‘That was good but how do I use it in the car?’, I have decided to include free of charge, either a half day workshop or a 2 hour in-car training session early in 2012, with a Grade 6 ORDIT Trainer who achieved straight 6s on his latest check test using several coaching methods. 

This course will include several break away work group sessions and will cover in-car coaching models, psychology in driver training as well as the cognitive behavioural models of not only tapping into the drivers emotive state but also getting you to change it!

A number of ADIs already signed up to this course include: some who have been on other courses run by Ian Edwards, as well as a number of DriveIQ Pro Coaches and the first Group of ten ADIs in Scotland to undertake the Tri-Coaching Level 4 Professional Award in Coaching in Driver Education. One participant has quoted “I’ve seen what a difference it can make with pupils development. I’m definitely going thanks’ and another two stated ‘Can I afford not to go?’

The cost of the course is £75 per day so is a total of £150 and includes refreshments each day with ample on-site parking. A 50% grant may be available reducing your cost to only £37.50 per day and then you still get other free training.

Please let me know if you would like to secure a place on this course.

Regards,
        Brian Smith

14-11-11 09:35:25

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Scottish - 2 Day Ian edwards Coaching Course 8th & 9th December 2011

#2 14-11-11 19:48:17

fishie
Banned
Website

Well brian i was not even going to reply to this you see my thoughts on this are not nice to say the least. But after just looking on the york area on addwords i find this firm advertising well the gloves are off. E driving came to a meeting of our local instructor's and pitched for the business as they where doing a cpd course ect. I thought at the time they where "flash" another firm on the band wagon so to speak. Why is it that in this trade instructors buy into sales pitch's more than any other. Lets just look at Fleet training for instance over sold to start with big promises made about come april and the new health and saftey bill you wont know what to do with all this work ect. What happened didley squat thats what, naff all that is unless you where one of the trainers who had pocketed large sums of money off adi's (insert fools instead).
Now with have a trail undertaken by the DSA re coaching and suddenly its the next best thing and for the last 12 months every person who teaches driving instructors is on board (not a dig at your name). Well what a load of rubish the chances of this coming into our trade are as likley as me getting a bj later. Now i know you are wonting to have a go at me for posting this but i am sick of people trying to rip off adi's.  Its only £75.00 for a day sorry you need two days and by jove your even throwing in some of you time for free how nice of you. Adi's out there get real wake up dont be fools dont even fall for it 20 plus instructors/fools @£150.00 = £3000 not bad for two days work but if you wont to part with your money try pudsey bear this friday on BBC1 or just send it to me.

www.fishersdrivingschool.co.uk
Remember only dead fish's go with the flow
Grade 6 by fluke this and last time
Some cardigan in the wardrobe non ordit

#3 14-11-11 19:56:56

Roadmaster
Verified Member

Deep breaths fishie................. big_smile

#4 14-11-11 20:02:22

on board training

Hi,

Nice reply and I will refrain from having a dig at anyone.

However it is amazing how the first instructors to agree to this before I even confirmed the dates were those instructors who have already embarked whole heartedly on the Btec Tri Coaching Course and feel this will be worth their while.

I wonder how many have arranged training sessions like this and the planning which goes into them?

Fees for the trainers for the two days are actually dwarfed by the hotel conference room, buffet and refreshments for breaks too not to mention other incidental expenses. The figure you quote doesn't even cover the expenses for the 2 days.

I can assure you, if we were out to make loads of money from this rather than provide a service to help others develop, I wouldn't be charging only £75 per day and then also offering an additional FREE half day coaching workshop or 2 hour in-car training session. 

Cheers, Brian

#5 14-11-11 22:37:38

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

I can't come, but the coaching course I did with Ian Edwards last month was fantastic, so I would recommend it. I've found it hugely beneficial and am in the process of blending it all into my teaching style - best training thingy I've ever done.

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#6 22-11-11 18:02:44

on board training

Hi Rob,

Good to see your positive feedback re Ian Edwards course.

I have personally attended his intial coaching course, a more recent one on psychology in driver training as well as a brief introduction to the cognitive behavioural models for drivers.

He is very good at what he does and let's face it - to get the experience from someone who is a top Grade 6 ADI and represented on the EU Hermes coaching project it really is an opportunity not to be missed.

Brian

#7 17-12-11 21:47:07

on board training

Hi,

Thought I would update.

An excellent 2 day coaching course with great feedback from participants and Ian and Dave excellent with Ian Edwards taking almost all the 2 days with Dave supporting him - excellent value and recommended.

Brian

Board footer