You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 13-11-11 21:41:02

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

Autism due to more nerve cells - not less!

http://www.knowabouthealth.com/study-sh … ells/9089/

Being pedantic, I note that they refer to signals - not impulses...never mind, still a rather surprising article.

Hilary

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hilary.hughes/

Preview/Purchase e - book here
http://hilaryhughes341.googlepages.com/home

http://hilaryhughes.com/

13-11-11 21:41:02

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Autism due to more nerve cells - not less!

#2 15-11-11 16:21:19

RedAlan
Website

Do you have a general interest in Autism or just stumbled across something interesting?

I only ask because before I made the change towards becoming a driving instructor I was a manager of a care home for adults with Autism and challenging behaviour.

#3 15-11-11 17:05:05

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

I have come across people with various levels of Aspergers Syndrome which can spill over in to autism.

One pupil in particular, was affected by autism and, although he was an amazing natural driver, I had to let him go until his father had agreed  to send him  for an assessment. I honestly don't think he could ever have  taken directions from people becuase his level of communication was so poor.

I didn't hear from them again, although they had offered me anything to keep teaching the lad at the time - even thousands per hour. Quite heart wrenching really.

The subject interests me anyway, but also becuase I know I could quite easily attract similar pupils in the future.

Hilary.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hilary.hughes/

Preview/Purchase e - book here
http://hilaryhughes341.googlepages.com/home

http://hilaryhughes.com/

Board footer