You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 27-10-11 22:20:46

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

Centrifugal Force Alarm in car

I've had a really fun week playing around with my new toy, a centrifugal force alarm thing which I got from the App Store on itunes for my iphone (£1.99).

I set it to go off at anything exceeding 0.35 gforce, briefed my normally lead footed pupil that he had to pretend to be a chauffeur driver and I was looking for a smoooothhhh drive, explained the iphone would scream at him every time the g-forces being applied to the car exceeded 0.35g and off we went. Any excessive braking or acceleration sets it off, or if the car leans into bends.

Initially we got a few beeps and squeals from the alarm but by the end of the lesson it had done the trick! I've tried it out as a fun lesson for 3 of my more 'jumpy' pupils this week and they've all enjoyed it and it seems to have done a great job of smoothing the drive out.  big_smile
For anyone who is interested the app is called 'G Force' and to ensure you get the correct one I've attached a pic of the logo.

I tried it on my wife's driving and it beeped and squealed constantly.   yikes       I found setting the g-force limit to 0.35 was about right, although I might tweak it a bit yet. It makes different noises depending on whether it is being set off by excessive braking, acceleration or steering.

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

27-10-11 22:20:46

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Centrifugal Force Alarm in car

Board footer