You are not logged in.

#1 21-09-11 16:26:35

driver69

Anyone on forum with PPL or learning to fly?

I'm sure someone on the forum has mentioned flying as a pastime before but can't remember who. I have just started to train for my PPL and just wonder any  recomendations for good forums I can subscribe to.

21-09-11 16:26:35

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Anyone on forum with PPL or learning to fly?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 21-09-11 16:33:53

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

I have done gliding in the past - went up three times and absolutely loved it!! I could easily get addicted to it but it was rather inconvenient to pursue as a hobby. I went here - about an hour's drive away.

http://www.dlgc.org.uk/

I know others have flown on here, as you say. I'd like to see their videos.

Hilary

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hilary.hughes/

Preview/Purchase e - book here
http://hilaryhughes341.googlepages.com/home

http://hilaryhughes.com/

#3 21-09-11 17:49:11

daz6215
Verified Member

This post caught my eye, Just heard an advert on the radio for wannabe pilots, they are called Pilot Training College, sounds familiar, although Im sure it's nothing to do with the obvious!

#4 21-09-11 19:10:00

reddragonbus
Verified Member

I have my helicopter licence, not sure of any fixed wing forums.

LGV PCV Instructor DVSA ADI Fleet

#5 21-09-11 20:24:28

driver69

Hilary, I know what you mean about the gliding. Did it a long time ago as a passenger but bit bigger now and need something with power to get me off the ground  big_smile

daz, maybe They are branching out into Pilot training to beat the recession LOL.

reddragonbus, maybe it was yourself I was thinking of now I have seen the avatar. Would love to have done the helicopter but way too expensive and we have a limited choice here in NI for training. Was watching with some envy at someone at the airfield on Monday practicing hovering  :cry:

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 22-09-11 06:41:02

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

Hilary, I know what you mean about the gliding. Did it a long time ago as a passenger but bit bigger now and need something with power to get me off the ground  big_smile

Come to think of i,t I might be better off with the engine as well now smile smile

Hilary

#7 22-09-11 07:04:49

la.monikita
Verified Member

It's funny but I was thinking about the very same thing after seeing 10 Spitfires flying at Goodwood Revival. I've met a bike/car/flying instructor two weeks prior and he offered to teach me for 60/h. Seems like a good price...am I right?

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 22-09-11 15:03:13

looprevil
Verified Member

It's funny but I was thinking about the very same thing after seeing 10 Spitfires flying at Goodwood Revival. I've met a bike/car/flying instructor two weeks prior and he offer to teach me for 60/h. Seems like a good price...am I right?

Ask him if he does 10 for £99. big_smile

smile  big_smile  lol  cool

#9 22-09-11 16:00:56

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

Ask him if he does 10 for £99. big_smile

Brilliant! ;-)

#10 22-09-11 18:45:04

la.monikita
Verified Member

If you pay peanuts you get monkeys!  tongue

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#11 22-09-11 19:53:41

fishie
Banned
Website

Of topic but i have done 2,874 jumps in my time out of good aircraft, now banned due to a replacement hip got from been shot in bosna (thank god it was a women) anybody else. Had choper license but well out of date now.

www.fishersdrivingschool.co.uk
Remember only dead fish's go with the flow
Grade 6 by fluke this and last time
Some cardigan in the wardrobe non ordit

#12 22-09-11 20:58:32

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

I'm terrified of heights (which is why you won't see me in high-heel shoes).
Sometimes friends ask me why did I then go out and learn to fly gliders and power aircraft, and I also owned my own microlight at one time.
A lot of what I learned about instructing techniques was gleaned from being in the hands of various flight instructors ranging from the very good to the very bad.

Fishie if I had a good aircraft the last thing I would want to do is jump out of it!

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

Board footer