You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#26 17-09-11 14:40:53

Graham Hooper
Verified Member
Website

Re: Thank you Excelsior Training

I am surprised that an ADI actually needs any training to pass the IAM test though I think some training maybe required to pass the ROSPA test at Gold, this though would depend on the standard of the individual ADI's own driving.
When ADI's have come to me for adavnced driving some of the driving standards presented would fail the L test. I see all the advanced tests as a way of maintaining standards. So maybe I shouldn't be surprised that an ADI needs some training to pass the IAM. Anyway I have enjoyed this debate with myself. So where does Diamond and Cardington fit as advanced tests.

www.1st-4.org
www.tri-coachingpartnership.co.uk
Part 3 Rescue a speciality, Fleet/Learner check test, Coaching courses, Advanced driving SAFED, ADI-CPD or if just want some advice.

17-09-11 14:40:53

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#27 17-09-11 16:46:05

(ROG)
Verified Member

I am surprised that an ADI actually needs any training to pass the IAM test

I can assure you they do and not because they are inferior drivers etc etc but because the Roadcraft style of driving is different from the DSA style

Imagine a learner saying and proving to you they are a safe driver who was taught by their parents - although they might be a safe driver their style of driving is unlikely to be the style that the DSA want it to be

In general Roadcraft is seen as a 'progression' from the basic DSA

I could site many examples in the differences but the best way to see them is to have a FREE demo drive with an advanced driver - especially an observer/tutor 

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

#28 17-09-11 17:49:30

on board training

Hi Rog,

Just a wee repeat statement from me - there should be no difference in the style of driving and therefore no conflict between DSA and Roadcraft or DIA styles for members of the public outwith emergency response driving/training.

Cheers, Brian

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#29 17-09-11 19:58:51

(ROG)
Verified Member

Hi Rog,

Just a wee repeat statement from me - there should be no difference in the style of driving and therefore no conflict between DSA and Roadcraft or DIA styles for members of the public outwith emergency response driving/training.

Cheers, Brian

There are differences in styles - that is fact
DSA style
AD style
Personal style

IAM Observer

#30 17-09-11 20:08:17

on board training

Hi Rog,

As an ADI who has had learners, Pt2 instructor trainng and Advanced Driver Training I can assure you if the same correct styleis taught to all 3 there is no difference.

The difference is in the thoughts and feelings of some involved in the perceived different driving styles they create.

Old school, old thoughts - there are many ADIs who teach the way I do with a modern fresh approach.

Brian

#31 17-09-11 21:28:09

Graham Hooper
Verified Member
Website

Rog, I have to wonder how I can acheive a ROSPA Diploma and a Cardington pass no faults, same driver same thoughts same actions.

www.1st-4.org
Part 3 Rescue a speciality, Fleet/Learner check test, Coaching courses, Advanced driving SAFED, ADI-CPD or if just want some advice.

#32 18-09-11 09:18:22

(ROG)
Verified Member

Rog, I have to wonder how I can acheive a ROSPA Diploma and a Cardington pass no faults, same driver same thoughts same actions.

Maybe there is a particular style than is acceptable to both but I have never come across it in 30+ years of driving and observing other drivers
All I can say is that the ADIs that have come to me for the advanced have had to change their driving styles in order to pass the test and those doing the LGV DSA voluntary register course who already have the advanced had to change their style in order to pass it

IAM Observer

#33 18-09-11 10:59:56

looprevil
Verified Member

There are differing emphasis placed by different organisations for differing tests.

If you drive with safe and controlled outcomes as your objectives little needs to change to achieve success at any assessment.

If not careful those that advocate one particular set of principles can fail to see that there are other ways of achieving safe and controlled outcomes.

In a training/observing environment this means that someone has to demonstrate flexibility otherwise conflict ensues and little, if any, progress is made.

For me this is why differing organisations (and those involved with them) too often see their way as the only way when in fact many ways can achieve safe and controlled outcomes.

It is the end result that is of most importance rather than the method of getting there isn't it?

regards

Paddy

smile  big_smile  lol  cool

#34 18-09-11 12:39:33

Graham Hooper
Verified Member
Website

Paddy I agree achieved my first ROSPA gold well over a decade ago and didnt know what the system of car control was.

www.1st-4.org

#35 18-09-11 13:09:15

on board training

Paddy I agree achieved my first ROSPA gold well over a decade ago and didnt know what the system of car control was.

Hi Graham,

Can I suggest that maybe you did, it's just you didn't realise you did?

Brian

Board footer