You are not logged in.

#1 27-06-05 14:40:51

Rauxaman

Got a 5/3 today

Just had my first crack at Pt.3, was given PST 9, crossroads followed by use of signals and pedestrian crossings.

The first phase went well, in fact in the debrief the examiner commented that the level of instruction was just right and I didn't let him get away with anything... hence the 5.

Phase 2 was a "trained driver" so I kept my briefing short and got us out onto the road. Scored 3's on level of instruction, planning, control. SE thought that I "faded" and looking back I did.

My big mistake was when he flashed his headlamps to let an oncoming lorry through. I did tell him that this was wrong and this was not a signal etc but then gave him a lifeline by telling him that at least it was to a professional driver and he did catch his eye which was correct. Should have bXXXXed him there and then.
Of course, he then did it again to a parcel van, I did pull him over then but it was a case of too little, too late!

Those of you who are familiar with my postings will recall that I have always said that I would have no problem in bXXXXing an SE if necessary, so why didn't I do it?  grrrrrrrrrrr :evil:
If I had done this then I would have been sitting here all smug with a 4/5 or even a 5/5, instead I'm contemplating booking it all over again   roll

PS... I got 6's in both phases for my attitude and approach to the pupil... so I'm not all evil  wink

27-06-05 14:40:51

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Got a 5/3 today

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 27-06-05 15:42:25

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

Hi Rauxaman
So close yet so far - you did really well there
Sorry for my absent mindness but what does "bXXXXing" mean?
You WILL pass next time I'm sure of that

All the best
Si

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

#3 27-06-05 15:47:43

Rauxaman

It's a censored word which means "to give a person a telling off"
We used to use it a lot on building sites  tongue
Sounds similar to those pivots that hold the oars when rowing a boat.

Looking back... I definitely faded in the last 15 mins... if only!

#4 27-06-05 15:54:42

VandADI
Administrator

Hi Rauxaman,
Sorry you didn't get the desired result, but it was VERY close!
You now have an insight as to what its all about and what is required on the Part 3.
You can go into your next attempt with your eyes WIDE open and you will nail the SE. Remember, be in control and stay in control using the core competencies.
Best of Luck
VandADI

#5 27-06-05 17:17:44

KevP

Raux,
Sorry to hear, good experience though none the less, keep on and don't lose sight of the goal!
Kev

#6 27-06-05 18:03:27

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Hi Rauxman,

You'll pass this thing!

But most people get 6's on attitude and approach to pupils, It must be the DSA's way of encouraging you! I'd be seriously worried if a new ADI came to me with only 4's on that.

Good luck next time.

Regards,

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 27-06-05 19:09:45

Rauxaman

stay in control using the core competencies.

Gotta agree on that one... got 5/5/5 in this in the first phase but 6/3/3 in the second, I knew that it was slipping at the time but I didn't do enough to stop it!

Interestingly my Q/A technique got a 5/4 which was something I struggled with initially.

most people get 6's on attitude and approach

And I thought that I'd done really well there  wink

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 27-06-05 19:12:52

sparkle

bigred wrote:

But most people get 6's on attitude and approach to pupils, It must be the DSA's way of encouraging you!,

ohhhh you evil man !!!!!!

but its true though  lol

#9 27-06-05 20:52:57

Django

Look at the positives. You can do it. One moment of hesitancy in chastising the examiner otherwise it would be Rauxaman ADI wink

Keep the faith it next time deal with things as they happen or you'll always be faced with an uphill battle.

#10 27-06-05 20:54:02

Delta
Verified Member

Such a shame mate, as you know I failed last week but don't despair - we'll both get 'em next time!

Have you booked second attempt yet? - In my area the nearest date I could get was late September!

Phase 1 was a result so you should be pretty proud of that at least.

#11 28-06-05 10:30:39

Rauxaman

It's mid September up here, I'll probably go on a trainee licence... just enough to pay for the car and regular Pt3 training.
I'll get 'em next time too  big_smile

#12 28-06-05 13:27:01

Rauxaman

next time deal with things as they happen or you'll always be faced with an uphill battle.

There's a lot of truth in that simple statement

Rauxaman ADI... I know one or two people who would cringe at the thought  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

#13 28-06-05 18:18:40

davemurphy1974

whats the point thing??

#14 28-06-05 21:02:40

luchell

what point? sorry dont understand

#15 28-06-05 21:12:23

Django

davemurphy1974 wrote:

whats the point thing??

It's a tangent airways moment I think tongue

Sorry Dave can you make your question a bit clearer. I'm a bit thick me  big_smile

#16 28-06-05 23:28:32

Rog
Website

Unlucky Rauxaman. Your scores show that your pretty much there. Thanks for your post and better luck next time  wink

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

#17 29-06-05 07:05:35

skip qualify
Verified Member

you were so close !!

with the benefit of hindsight how do you feel you should have dealt with the flashing fault ??

good luck next time

#18 29-06-05 12:40:16

Rauxaman

Rog... building on our previous threads, that was after 36hrs of one to one training... I cannot see how anyone can be ready after 25hrs, half of which being two to one!

Skip... Should have pulled him over straight away and nipped it in the bud.
"Who taught you that?" and "That is not an approved signal" "It is dangerously ambiguous, if you think that it's best to give way communicate by your road position and then eye contact" "Read Driving the Essential Skills" "You will fail if you do that in your test" and most importantly... "Don't do it again"

#19 29-06-05 15:43:25

Rog
Website

Rauxaman,

After the previous threads and other tails of woe, I took my local ADI up on her recommendation of the contact details for an ADI trainer in Hayes, where I'll be taking my part 3. He knows all the test routes and the SE's and has sat in on 14 part 3's, so knows exactly what they're looking for.

As I mentioned before, I have no intentions of having to go through the final exam more then once. Hence, I called the trainer (Paul Fowler) on Monday and booked a double lesson for Friday. All going well, I'll follow this up with another 15 two hour lessons making a total of 58 hours prior to my test.

My need to increase my hours was reinforced yesterday, when my training partner failed his part 2 after 20 hours with a 2/2.

Regards
Rog

P.S.

The 20 LDC hours that come as part of my training package are 1 to 1 by the way.

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

#20 29-06-05 16:35:02

all_alps
Verified Member

Rog,

Have you got the details of your ADI trainer in Hayes. I recently passed my part 2 test, however i am currently 'vetting' prospective trainers. I really require someone who is local to Hayes as this is where i will be having my test (not booked as yet). How much does he charge? Can you please PM me with details.

Cheers

Alps
smile

#21 29-06-05 19:59:36

Rauxaman

Hi Rog-
I know where you are coming from with regards to only taking the exam  once. Although I have kept a positive head on, I must admit to not looking forward to the build up again... the test is actually quite straight forward, it's the overall build up to the moment when you sign the form before you go out onto the road that is the killer.
58 hours sounds right, make sure that your brain makes the transition between phases 1 and 2 on the day.
Regards,
R

Board footer