You are not logged in.

#1 11-08-11 08:12:24

Lynne
Verified Member

RoSPA Dip

3 years were up in April and re-sat Diploma test last on Sunday.  Really nice examiner ..I have to say it was easier than the RoSPA drive I did in Birmingham at the end of the week's course when I was a nervous wreck on that day anyway.

Did Brentwood area....he drove around in his van for a bit I had to pick him up afterwards on his faults.  We then did a drive...only around 45 mins ..in torrential rain in some places.  Asked me a few questions on the way about this and that.

It was ok...he said I passed smile  Had some good feeback and good to get feedback from someone different in RoSPA.  Don't get me wrong I could have done a few things better.  At least I don't have to change my business cards for another 3 years smile Phew!

Nice guy from the Met.

11-08-11 08:12:24

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: RoSPA Dip

#2 11-08-11 08:56:36

on board training

Hi,

Not sure of the format of your RoSPA Dip retest.

I have redone mine this year and the retest as far as I was aware is you the instructor do a drive to Gold standard and then you do an instructional demonstration drive. So you are in the driver's seat for the whole test.

Have I picked you up correctly that he did the driving the whole time?

Cheers, Brian

#3 11-08-11 14:10:04

daz6215
Verified Member

Just sat my Diploma retest a few weeks back and the format was as Brian says, driving to gold with instructional commentary on a few different subjects i.e. mine was joining and leaving motorways, limit point and roundabouts, apparently this is the new format for the Diploma retest!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 11-08-11 15:39:20

ratty

3 years were up in April and re-sat Diploma test last on Sunday.  Really nice examiner ..I have to say it was easier than the RoSPA drive I did in Birmingham at the end of the week's course when I was a nervous wreck on that day anyway.

Did Brentwood area....he drove around in his van for a bit I had to pick him up afterwards on his faults.  We then did a drive...only around 45 mins ..in torrential rain in some places.  Asked me a few questions on the way about this and that.

It was ok...he said I passed smile  Had some good feeback and good to get feedback from someone different in RoSPA.  Don't get me wrong I could have done a few things better.  At least I don't have to change my business cards for another 3 years smile Phew!

Nice guy from the Met.

This is not the format for any re-test that i have ever heard of, and I'm a RoSPA examiner!

When you say he drove you around in his van, why?

Seriously and I mean SERIOUSLY, I would question this format of re-test with RoSPA HQ.

#5 11-08-11 19:51:23

Lynne
Verified Member

I suppose reading back I've made it look a bit laid back and blase (cannot find the e with the little thing on the top) but really it wasn't.  I worked hard for this.

His way is to do  a short drive so I could assess his drive and afterwards, explain his faults and give appropriate advice on how to improve.   To be honest, no different from when the RoSPA examiner did our test at the end of the Dip course when he put himself in the driving seat.  It seemed much more realistic to me.

I did my drive afterwards. If you think it's the same as just doing a RoSPA 'Gold' re-test it wasn't.   It was professionally done, he was very precise of what was required from me and just as demanding as at the end of the Dip course.

#6 11-08-11 22:04:38

ratty

But the test was not done as it should have been by the sound of it.

It's not for the examiner to decide how to test, and every person who takes the test should take the same test. How would it be thought of if a DSA examiner decided to do things differently to all of the others just because he thought that's how it should be done? Would this be fair? Every candidate should get the same test and chance as everyone else no matter who or where the test takes place. If the examiner does not agree with how a test is dictated by an organisation then they should not examine for that organisation.

Another way of looking at this is let's imagine that you failed the test. You decide that for what ever reason, you are going to get the examiner sacked or worse. You complain that while you were being driven around by him in his vehicle.........................happened. Imagine the questions and the explaining that would have to follow. As the examiner was knowingly not conducting the test as laid down by RoSPA would RoSPA back him up, probably not. The questions just go on and on.

With the greatest respect to you Lynne, it sounds as if you have paid for and passed a 'test' devised by an individual who, if the facts were fully known, RoSPA would probably say was not representing them at the time and they would probably not recognise the 'test' you have taken. You have not passed any RoSPA test that I have heard of and I'm sure lots of Diploma holders would possibly quite rightly question if your 'test' pass is valid for anything at all.

Just finally, and I have to ask, it was his van he was driving and not a police vehicle I hope?

Board footer