You are not logged in.

#1 23-06-05 14:24:37

Rog
Website

LDC - Part 3 Training Time?

Although I'm very pleased with the high standard of LDC training, I've noticed that a lot of posts state that you need 40 hours minimum of practical lessons before you will be ready for part 3. LDC state that their training includes 40 hours practical training, but that it's 2 to 1 or 'pro rata'. Myself and my training partner have both only had 1 to 1 sessions that although are great, will they be enough to pass (i.e. 20 hours total). Hence I've booked my test for the end of Sep, so I can squeeze another 10 hours of paid lessons in.

Can I ask the other LDC trainees and LDC ADI's how many hours of in-car training you've had so far and/or in total to pass and were they on a 1 to 1 or 2 to 1 basis?

Thanks
Rog

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

23-06-05 14:24:37

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: LDC - Part 3 Training Time?

#2 23-06-05 20:55:14

Macca
Verified Member

Hi Rog

As an LDC trainee ADI you have access to the LDC trainee ADI forum which is heavily used by both LDC ADI trainee and qulified instructors. You would be better asking this question on LDCs own forum as relatively few LDC students access this one.

Regarding the hours do not forget the Part 3 workbook/DVD contains a lot of practical exrecises for you to cover. Some can be done on your own in front of a mirror. Some can be easily done with a family member or friend and of course some need you to partner up with another student. If you complete these excercises this will account for at lease another 20 hours of practice. In addition you have specific practical exercises to undertake between each part 3 training session which accounts for another 40 hours or so. If you complete the programme as intended you will be ready for the test. And off course should you fail a test LDC initially allocate up an extra 9 hours plus a further 6 hours which are discretionary. And off course you can also buy extra hours from the trainer above and beyond this at a reduced rate. Please remember your course cost was only £1,795 as opposed to the £3,000 often charged by others - a saving of over £1,000. With this saving you could buy a further 50 hours at the special reduced rates.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 24-06-05 05:09:36

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

HI Rog,
I passed with LDC on 3rd attempt (part3) april 04.

I had 20 hours 1 to 1 to begin with, but then had another 5 hrs after 1st fail, and 5 after second.

In between lessons i was going out with my wife, and a friend as pupils to get extra practice, which is what my trainer advised me to do.

I also used another LDC instructor, who had just qualified just before i took my 3rd attempt.

It all helped, and i'm here now........

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 24-06-05 07:17:09

MrBassMan
Verified Member
Website

Macca wrote:

Hi Rog

As an LDC trainee ADI you have access to the LDC trainee ADI forum which is heavily used by both LDC ADI trainee and qulified instructors. You would be better asking this question on LDCs own forum as relatively few LDC students access this one.

But lots of ex-students do don't they Macca (AKA owner of LDC). This is information needed by potential LDC trainees as well as current ones.

I trained with LDC and agree the basic hours given by LDC are not enough. I failed first attempt at part 3 and scraped through on the second attempt after extra training. I also did a lot of extra hours with my training partner and teaching my daughters and a friend.

I am not specifically blaming LDC for this, the problem is that it is a competetive industry and all done down to a price. It is an industry-wide problem. More realism and honesty is needed from the outset but as this will put a lot of trainees off, this information is not going to come from the likes of LDC or any of the other big trainers.

Did you know that less than 20% of all people who start training to be an ADI actually qualify? I wonder how many are still in business at the end of their first year?

Learn 2 Pass
Driving lessons in and around Ceredigion in West Wales  http://www.L2P.co.uk

#5 24-06-05 14:06:59

Rog
Website

Robbie and MrBassMan,

Many thanks for your input. It's exactly what I thought. Hence I've requested another 10 hours from my ADI trainer at their reduced rate and will be also be toping this up with a recomended ADI trainer in Hayes where I'll be taking my part 3.

This on top of 2 hours a week with a local ADI and sitting in on my nieces lesson 2 hours a week. Plus 90 mins a week with my LDC training buddy and 2 lessons a week teaching my wife (plus theory).

I'm hoping this should be enough to get me through (fingers crossed  wink )

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

#6 24-06-05 16:18:18

Rauxaman

My trainer seems to know his stuff and he told me at the onset that it takes at least 40 hours in car one to one and 6 months to be ready for Pt3 after passing Pt2.

I originally thought no way can this be right, believing 25hrs and 3 months to be the norm from what I had read in driving school blurb.

I bullied him into 2x2 hour sessions per week, he agreed to this on the understanding that I went away, read my books and prepared for every lesson. I did this and 3 months and 36hrs later I am about to take the test but only JUST feel ready, I would prefer a bit more preparation.

#7 24-06-05 23:27:47

Rog
Website

I agree, for me it will be 5 and a bit months from my part 2 test and at least close to 40 hours now I'm going to be provided with the contact details of a reputable ADI in Hayes (non LDC) where I'll be taking the test. Apparently he also knows the SE's and their routes (a major bonus).

It's a bit off that I should have to go to these extremes when you should get more then adequate training as part of the training package.

Regards
Rog

Board footer