You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 23-06-05 12:50:36

Delta
Verified Member

Told you I'd fail part 3 today

Got 3/3 - had pst 7 - The result was fair and examiner was good - no excuses from me, I just wasn't good enough on the day!

Here were my main problems incase anyone wants to learn from them / comment on them - advice will be appreciated:

Phase 1 - Approaching Junctions to Turn Left and Right

I under-instructed; After three goes at turning left I let her do it independently - problem was the next turning was a right turn!

I identified and analysed poor positioning on turning but failed to remedy

Used duals to stop moving off as she hadn't checked blind spot - telling her to wait would have been better.

Phase 2 - Pedestrian Crossings & Use of Signals

Dual controls again - this time not using them when I should - told her to stop 5/6 times when someone was on crossing - should have dualled her!

Pulled her over to lecture about signaling too early but was too easy on her when she didn't signal to leave a roundabout - need to prioritise more.

Let her stop on a zebra crossing when van infront was waiting to turn right - I told her that she should have planned to stop before zebra when that is what I should have made her do!

Basically I need to improve my awareness of what is going on around the car - I'm sure I'm better than that with my real pupils  but it's slightly different on the day!

Feel better about the whole thing after taking a test though - looking foirward to second attempt![/u]

23-06-05 12:50:36

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Told you I'd fail part 3 today

#2 23-06-05 12:53:25

Delta
Verified Member

Oh yeah, forgot to mention:

After I pointed out a fault that SE had made, she asked me (as the pupil) if she would have failed for that.

I said "It depends on the examiners mood"  :oops:

#3 23-06-05 13:22:59

Rauxaman

Sounds like Phase 1 went better than Phase 2.
Could have got a 4 there I suppose if you had rectified the right turn position.

Fun and games at zebras on Ph.2... "if only" must be plaguing you now  :x

Thanks for the honest info, it always helps the rest of us.

Onwards and upwards as they say, my turn on Monday... I was looking forward to my root canal treatment at the dentists more!!!

#4 23-06-05 13:43:11

Rog
Website

Delta, sorry to here you didn't pass, but thanks for the honest post. This type of info is invaluable for the rest of us on our part 3 studies.

BTW - where did you take your part 3?

Regards
Rog

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

#5 23-06-05 14:13:39

Delta
Verified Member

Thanks fellas

I took the test in Pinner - they've only been doing ADI tests there since beginning of this month.

Good luck for Monday Rauxaman - don't forget to post your results up!

#6 23-06-05 15:06:53

Rog
Website

Rauxaman,

Funny you should say about the dentists; when everyone asks me how the Part 2 went I described it as 60 minutes in a dentists chair!!

Good luck for Monday!!  tongue

Rog

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

#7 23-06-05 19:29:31

pk1

Its always positive when you learn from your mistakes - you'll fly through next time - atleast you can be honest about your performance and not blame the S.E.  :twisted:

#8 24-06-05 12:25:09

mags
Verified Member

Oh Delta so sorry to hear you failed, you will definately do it next time, just put it down to experience, like you said at least now you know what to expect and you are looking forward to the next time,
hows the trainee licence going?
Is it helping you?
I start with Red on 4th july, looking forward to it but a bit apprehensive.
keep smiling Mags smile

#9 24-06-05 16:31:09

Delta
Verified Member

Thanks mags

The pink licence has definately been a massive help in preparing myself - even though I failed I still think I did miles better than I would have without a pink.

Going for it 100% next time - 22nd September!

Good luck with your pink licence - it's nerve racking at first but after the first few days I really got into ot.

#10 24-06-05 17:43:18

mags
Verified Member

Good glad to hear it Delta, thats the right attitude
i know you can do it big_smile

#11 24-06-05 23:30:27

Rog
Website

Good luck Delta, your test is 5 days before mine  wink

Rog

#12 25-06-05 10:40:04

tuftyclub
Verified Member
Website

thanks for the post delta, reading posts like yours really helps me realise that the examiners are normal human beings and not two headed monsters (!).
My pt3 is on Wednesday 29th at Exeter and this weekend is pure revision and core competancies, I think I'm just about ready.
This forum has been totally invaluable, although my instructor is amused every time I start a sentence with 'i read online'.

#13 25-06-05 10:40:35

tuftyclub
Verified Member
Website

thanks for the post delta, reading posts like yours really helps me realise that the examiners are normal human beings and not two headed monsters (!).
My pt3 is on Wednesday 29th at Exeter and this weekend is pure revision and core competancies, I think I'm just about ready.
This forum has been totally invaluable, although my instructor is amused every time I start a sentence with 'i read online'.

Board footer