You are not logged in.

#1 03-05-11 23:04:47

Jedi

Hi I'm a New member

Hi everyone.

I passed my part 3 a couple of weeks ago first time so am well chuffed with the result.  I have never been self employed so am taking the leap into something new and exciting.  I have to take a Franchise with Red (as part of my contract for 1 year). 

I have done some homework however to save some pennies so will be sourcing the car myself (from Hitachi) they seemed the cheapest and insured with C & A Mackie for a reasonable price.  Just hope I find some pupils very soon.

I have had a look around the site and it seems there are plenty of experienced ADI's on here for tips and useful advice, so will probably be posting on here now and then......Just wanted to say hello! smile

03-05-11 23:04:47

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Hi I'm a New member

#2 04-05-11 06:40:24

VandADI
Administrator

Hello Jedi and welcome to our forum.  smile
Feel free to ask away, always someone here to help you out, so don't be shy  wink

Vanda

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 04-05-11 07:08:31

gadgetdriver
Website

I was in the same position in 2003/4 and I found that starting with friends and family I was up to a full diary in about 6 months. I don't think we're that lucky at the moment but you may have one potential source of advertising that I didn't - Facebook. If your friends and/or family are using it make sure they ALL know you're in business. Good luck!

ADI since 2004.
Producer of animated and printed briefing materials.
www.drivertrainingacademy.com

#4 04-05-11 10:59:34

Jedi

Thanks for the warm welcome.  I have a few ideas in mind to get my name out and about - I hope some pupils will come from Red, but am not going to rely solely on them of course.

It seems the best way these days is to have a good website with good optomisation.  I have a meeting with my business development manager this afternoon to kick start off my franchise, so will be getting some cards and flyers.  I will probably start with sitting outside schools and colleges and talking to pupils to attract business initially.

I hear word of mouth is the best way, so as long as I do a good job, I hope the word gets around.

Thanks again!

Board footer