You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 08-04-11 08:28:17

Sammypdi1
Website

Passed part 1 today :)

I retook part 1 again today and passed with 97/100 and 58 on hp i recieved some good advice on this forum and read some blogs. i was feeling quite worried about the test today as i was up all night unwell but what made all the difference is two key facts

Firstly i learned from my previous mistakes i learned what activates the anti cheating mechanism and made sure i didnt activate it. it is activated by rapid clicking and excess clicks or rythimatic clicking but the rapid clicking is what seems to be catching people out and this is totally aviodable and try not to click any more than three clicks per developinghazard.

Secondly i bought myself a copy of the dsa offical guide to hazard perception this disc explains what to look for and how to respond forget the focus dvd etc this is good for practice only in my opinion and when you understand what the dsa is looking for you stand a lot better chance with the scoring windows. I cannot stress enough how much this dvd is a must have before attempting this test.

For example when i got my 0 points for rapid clicking i thought the hazard was the sheep walking in the road the hazard was in actual fact the sunlight shinning brightly, that developed to me seeing the sheep late forget what you think you know as an experienced driver this test is a game and therefore this dvd explains how to play it.

i will leave my previous experience on this post to help others.

Failed my ADI part 1 yesterday i scored 97 for theory and 46 for hazard perception on the double hazard clip i scored 0 as it says i clicked inapropriate i had only clicked 3 or 4 times at the hazards this was an easy clip and im really bleep off as this altered how i clicked for the remainder of the test i was scoring 68 in the focus hazard dvd rom regularly  always in the 60s and i am now convinced this test is a total scam and a money maker for the dsa. I have already booked a retest and hopefully i will get through it on my next attempt

Also the theory test was full of questions that were not on my upto date driving test master disc and the questions that were on the disc were worded differently words can describe how bleep off i am its a good job i read the highway code a lot or i think i would maybe have struggled with the theory part.

I would welcome any advice to help me get past the hazard perception as i feel this is a game not a test designed to con money from you.

Passed part 1 second attempt 97/100 58
Passed part 2 first attempt 5 minors
passed part 3 first attempt

08-04-11 08:28:17

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Passed part 1 today :)

#2 08-04-11 10:07:32

gadgetdriver
Website

The only hint I can give is that you're looking for DEVELOPING hazards.
You don't click for POTENTIAL hazards, such as a road sign saying "school", but once you see the crossing with kids around, click.
There's generally no harm clicking once when you think it's a hazard, then again when you're sure. The higher score should count.
Beware of clicking three times for one hazard - if the gap between clicks has a "rhythm" then it'll say you're cheating. Very similar to a pupil of mine who scored 43 total, but got 0 for the double clip. He said he clicked 3 times for a zebra crossing, and twice for a car reversing out of a drive.
I'm no expert and would like to see others' opinions!

ADI since 2004.
Producer of animated and printed briefing materials.
www.drivertrainingacademy.com

#3 08-04-11 13:46:54

Sammypdi1
Website

i think the dsa official tutorial is setting people up to fail as it tells you to click for a car parked causing an obstruction  every time you see a pedestrian so if on one  clip there is  8 parked cars and 8 pedestrians thats 16 clicks that may not be the hazard i think this should be reported to watch dog they are failing people for a glitch in there test.

i also think you should be able to score maximum points as soon as the hazard comes into sight not when the computer thinks you should see it.

sorry for ranting on a bit but im worried this is going to cost me alot of money that i simply cant afford to keep paying thanks for your advice will take it on board.

#4 08-04-11 14:01:11

gadgetdriver
Website

The DSA would probably argue (and maybe someone on here will speak with some authority, 'cos I'm not the DSA!) that you get maximum points when a developing hazard is first in view. A parked car is a potential hazard, so is a road sign, road markings, a junction, a pedestrian crossing and the list goes on. But if you clicked for every potential hazard you'd be clicking every second on an urban clip. The trick, as far as I could tell when I did it in 2003, was to look for the earliest sign of something that WILL cause you to slow down, swerve or swear(!) rather than something that MAY cause that sort of problem. Even then, there were times I would argue that I clicked for potential rather than developing hazards. So I've just defeated my own argument, hopefully fuelling a good debate on the forum! I'll bow out now as a "non expert" on the matter.

ADI since 2004.
Producer of animated and printed briefing materials.
www.drivertrainingacademy.com

#5 08-04-11 14:25:52

Luchell
Verified Member

#6 08-04-11 14:55:55

Sammypdi1
Website

Thanks for the link that is some great advice i realised  that i double clicked and thats why i got the message also i wont be clicking more than 3 times per developing hazard on my next attempt.

i will update with my next results once ive taken the test.

Board footer