You are not logged in.

#1 07-04-11 12:31:17

bagpuss

Driving examiners testing

Hi just joined the forum, big_smile and will see if i can join the ADI section, :? as i am one passed 4 years ago so know what a lot of you are going through, trouble is my workload has dropped a lot during this recession and was looking into becoming a Driving Examiner, i found a disscusion on here the other day and now have completly lost it lol  :?, i passed my Part 1 1st time my Part 2 1st time but Part 3 3rd attempt, and had just gone over the 2 years on the Theory but couldnt get booked in on time, have now taken 3 steps to becoming an examiner had Physcoanalyst test which i got above avarge marks and a examiners test like the Theory with 50/50 on Theory and 66 on hazzzard. Just had my Interview today have to wait 2 weeks for result,  sad will keep you posted

07-04-11 12:31:17

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Driving examiners testing

#2 07-05-11 09:21:19

Ditchy67

Hi Bagpuss,

Well done on getting to the interview stage of the recruitment. How did u do? I am also new to this forum and currently waiting for my interview date having passed my theory mid April. Unfortunately I have not been preparing for the 500 word essay and interview, so need to get cracking. I am not an ADI and just applying for this job because its different to what I have done in the past and sounds interesting. Do u mind me asking, what was your interview like and was the essay difficult to get through in an interview situation? My worry is that I will blank out and not remember! Also, I believe the interviews are in Newcastle, and i am considering going by train from Manchester. Do you know if the station is near to the DSA? Hope you have got through so please let me know!!! All the best.

#3 07-05-11 12:08:03

bagpuss

Hi there,
Well did not get through the interview, think my age is against me as I am 59, and about 700 people applied for these limited amount of jobs, you really need to practise for your essay, remember its not how many words you write just grammar spelling and paragraphs, you will be writing about 'how a driving examine can give excellent customer care', difficult if you don’t know much about what an examiner dose, and what you got to think about is the way you treat that person, like not losing your temper if they lose their temper at you, taking control of the vehicle if they put you in danger ect, on the interview they will ask specific questions and you cannot give a hypothetical answer it has to be a real experience, so have notes you can take into the interview like when have you had to make an instant decision, and what was the out come have you ever done anything that has made you not very popular, I answered all these questions and I thought I gave really good answers, but there you go...all the best to you and sorry don’t know that test centre as I had to go to Nottingham..

#4 07-05-11 13:03:18

Ditchy67

Hi,

Really sorry to hear about you not being successful. It is such a long drawn out process and it is really sad to hear people like yourself not get through as a lot of time and effort is required as a non ADI.

Many thanks for your advice, I will work on my answers.

I really hope you find something that u will enjoy doing.

All the best for the future.

Board footer