You are not logged in.

#1 20-02-11 18:09:44

lynesweb

Hello everyone

New to the site.

I'm Kev and I'm currently a Pt 2 PDI.

I have been PCV training for a few years now, so decided to become an ADI.

I am very proud to be part of the driver training industry and am very interested in seeing it improve.

Looking forward to chatting and getting involved in debates.

Kevin

20-02-11 18:09:44

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Hello everyone

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 20-02-11 18:11:03

gadgetdriver
Website

Hi Kev - what part of the country?
Good luck with training and tests!

ADI since 2004.
Producer of animated and printed briefing materials.
www.drivertrainingacademy.com

#3 20-02-11 18:18:28

lynesweb

I'm in South Lincolnshire.

#4 22-02-11 17:07:33

lynesweb

I would like to introduce myself

My name is Kevin and I have been involved in driver training and road safety within the commercial vehicle industry. I have for many years now wanted to be an ADI, but time and finances have never been right.

I have looked into it over the last couple of years and learnt all the pros and cons. Im not one of those people who has been made redundant and jumped into it cause of the promise of loads of money and so called flexible hours.

I have been coaching people for many years and I'm certainly not new to it, I'm quite surprised it has taken this long for this style of training to be adopted by the DSA and the driving instructor community.

It is a very positive step to take because of the problems related to trainer-led training as opposed to student-centred learning.

I joined John Farlam's Gold Circle last year and have found it very useful and a credit to the industry.

Thanks for reading.

Kevin

#5 22-02-11 21:06:53

Gizmotime
Administrator

Welcome Kevin, good luck with your training.

Giz smile

#6 24-02-11 16:21:20

Newly_Ad1

Hi Im a new adi hence the name, i passed my part 3 this month if there are any questions you have feel free to ask.

#7 24-02-11 17:44:49

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

Well done, Newly. Kevin, I expect you'll keep us informed of your progress.
I'd be interested to know from either of you how you incorporate this new coaching into the pt 3. smile

Hilary.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hilary.hughes/

Preview/Purchase e - book here
http://hilaryhughes341.googlepages.com/home

http://hilaryhughes.com/

#8 24-02-11 17:56:19

Newly_Ad1

Hi Hilary and Thank you, im looking into the pdi trainer route do u have any advise for me on costs and companys to use etc.
What do u mean in regards to new coaching???

#9 24-02-11 18:09:16

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

Just picking up on the comment from Kevin -

I have been coaching people for many years and I'm certainly not new to it, I'm quite surprised it has taken this long for this style of training to be adopted by the DSA and the driving instructor community.

I did my pt3 18 years ago and used a pupil centred approach - that's all.

I get the impression you're keen to start training people to be ADI's if I understand you correctly. My only advice would be to get some experience under your belt in instructing first and then ask for more info' on here.

Having said that, some may have something to offer now - it's not something I've done so I can't help you with this one, I'm afraid.

Hilary.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hilary.hughes/

Preview/Purchase e - book here
http://hilaryhughes341.googlepages.com/home

http://hilaryhughes.com/

Board footer