You are not logged in.

#1 07-02-11 16:27:55

Oversteer

Hello There

Have just signed up. Hope I have come to the right forums.

I am not a driving instructor but a curious motorist who worked as a field service engineer clocking 40,000 miles a year on the roads back in the mid to late 1980s. I spent a lot of time thinking driving and analysing situations but forums for discussion weren't easily available then. Road rage was barely recognised as a phenomenon yet sometimes reported, speeding was still widely untamed though police had started introducing the odd radar traps & unmarked cars on motorways, the M25 was still only open in small overcrowded sections of 'A' road and there was no such thing as speed bumps.

Although I have continued motoring over the years allbeit a lot less frequently, a recent speeding ticket from a mobile camera unit has bought all these memories back to me. Hopefully, now, I have a place to discuss such motoring connundra!

O.

07-02-11 16:27:55

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Hello There

#2 07-02-11 18:07:28

Gizmotime
Administrator

Hello Oversteer welcome to the forum smile

Giz

#3 07-02-11 18:53:30

VandADI
Administrator

Hi Oversteer and welcome to our forum  smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 09-02-11 14:48:10

gadgetdriver
Website

Hi oversteer.

If the speeding ticket was recent and not too far over the limit, you may be offered a speed awareness course instead of points. If you're not offered, ask for it. Some areas still don't do them, but always worth an ask.

ADI since 2004.
Producer of animated and printed briefing materials.
www.drivertrainingacademy.com

Board footer