You are not logged in.

#1 03-02-11 23:32:45

pumpkin

Do I have to register as a PDI before I can sit Part 1?

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can give me some information, I've been told by the DSA that to sit the Part 1 exam I need to have held my licence for at least 3 yrs and also to of applied to go on the register as a PDI...I thought I could sit Part 1 at any time and that I only needed to apply as a PDI if I wanted my pink badge?....

03-02-11 23:32:45

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Do I have to register as a PDI before I can sit Part 1?

#2 04-02-11 00:07:56

amanda27

You have to apply and be accepted onto the register before you can do anything. So yes, you must register as a PDI first.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 04-02-11 09:28:25

metalmicky
Verified Member
Website

Registering as a PDI does not give you a Pink Badge.  You have certain hoops to jump through first.  Part 1, Part 2, Further training in giving lessons.

Just because I'm a driving instructor, it doesn't make me a dual control freak. 
www.way-ahead-driving.co.uk

#4 04-02-11 09:40:11

pumpkin

Hello,

Thanks for answering..I realise that I won't get a pink badge untill I've passed parts 1 & 2 and had a certain amount of training for part 3, but do I have to apply to go on the register in order to take part 1?

I've had conflicting information given to me which has left me unsure now, I have been told by some that I don't need to apply to go on the register to sit part 1 and that I can start my training at any time....but others have said that I do have to apply and be accepted on the register before sitting the theory exam and that I can't do that untill I've held my licence for 3 yrs...

#5 04-02-11 09:56:36

metalmicky
Verified Member
Website

Yes, you do need to apply to go on the register, just go to dft website for all details.

Just because I'm a driving instructor, it doesn't make me a dual control freak. 
www.way-ahead-driving.co.uk

#6 04-02-11 17:05:08

VandADI
Administrator

You will find all of your anwers here at http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/ac … 1082122419

#7 04-02-11 18:04:03

VandADI
Administrator

To save confusion as there are 2 threads running on the same topic, I will lock this thread and keep the other one open
http://www.drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/fo … #msg300465

Board footer