You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 16-12-10 09:28:59

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

C&G 7307 -v- Coaching

If somebody out there has done both the C&G 7307 ( parts one and two ) and a coaching course, I would like to hear what the intrinsic differences are between that and coaching.

This will help me decide if  I need to put coaching down as further development.

Thank you.
Hilary.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hilary.hughes/

Preview/Purchase e - book here
http://hilaryhughes341.googlepages.com/home

http://hilaryhughes.com/

16-12-10 09:28:59

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: C&G 7307 -v- Coaching

#2 16-12-10 21:40:22

Graham Hooper
Verified Member
Website

Hi Hilary

I have an advanced certificate of adult learning stages 1/2/3 which I believe is the equivalent or higher than the 7307 I also have 2 university certificates one in coaching for driver education and another in evidenced based coaching. I am fascinated by the whole concepts of learning and how they can be applied. Coaching has added a whole new dimension to my understanding. Even though I have used some coaching techniques for years as they are often quite natural but having a deeper understanding of what I have been doing has been rewarding.

www.1st-4.org
www.tri-coachingpartnership.co.uk
Part 3 Rescue a speciality, Fleet/Learner check test, Coaching courses, Advanced driving SAFED, ADI-CPD or if just want some advice.

#3 17-12-10 08:29:58

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

Thank you, Graham, although I am still unable to distinguish any fundamental difference between what can be learned on the C&G etc ( I think it is invaluable btw ) and the coaching courses. I suspect it may just be another way of looking at the same things and so widening the appeal to more people.

HIlary.

#4 17-12-10 09:25:42

Graham Hooper
Verified Member
Website

Hi Hilary
I am sorry that I can not answer your question as it would take far too long and there are many different opinions. Can I suggest a book by Timothy Gallwey you may have already know of this or read it but its called 'The inner game of Tennis'. He in a way is a founder of what today's coaching is all about.

www.1st-4.org
www.tri-coachingpartnership.co.uk
Part 3 Rescue a speciality, Fleet/Learner check test, Coaching courses, Advanced driving SAFED, ADI-CPD or if just want some advice.

#5 17-12-10 10:45:12

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

I'll check it out.

Thank you.
Hilary

#6 17-12-10 11:26:07

Matterhorn

I didn't think City and Guilds 7307 existed anymore. I believe it has been replaced by PTLLS, CTLLS and DTLLS.

I had attended a couple of Coaching courses prior to enrolling at Uni to do the above courses but I went into it with this misconception that my tutor would know nothing about Coaching and he would stand at the front of the class and dictate to me like all my teachers did at school. This has not been the case at all, in fact, he has a better understanding of it than anyone else I have met.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 17-12-10 12:40:25

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

I didn't think City and Guilds 7307 existed anymore. I believe it has been replaced by PTLLS, CTLLS and DTLLS.

I had attended a couple of Coaching courses prior to enrolling at Uni to do the above courses but I went into it with this misconception that my tutor would know nothing about Coaching and he would stand at the front of the class and dictate to me like all my teachers did at school. This has not been the case at all, in fact, he has a better understanding of it than anyone else I have met.

I think that chalk and talk approach went out with the Ark. C&G was or is pupil centred as is being an ADI ( in the main).

Hilary

Board footer